The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary: The Human Rights Campaign is on the move – to protect and defend the hard-won gains of the LGBTQ community – and to elect a pro-equality congress and White House. HRC represents a grassroots force of 3 million strong and together we will ensure a world where LGBTQ people have their basic equal rights. Period.
- We fight for our members every single day. In addition, it is our job to inspire and engage them to take action and have an impact on the community.
- We don’t hire just anybody. Experience matters, and so does strong intuition. We work hard, move at lightning speed, and we want a diverse team who is motivated to come prepared for what lies ahead.
- We believe in who we are, whom we represent, and what we do. We are the real deal. Everyone has a reason for coming to work at HRC. What will your story be?
The Associate Director of Online Strategy should be an experienced, creative, innovative senior strategist looking to be part of a dynamic team to implement compelling fundraising and advocacy campaigns that move the needle forward. This position will have a strong focus on the strategy, as well as the technical components of the program – including interpretation, analysis and reporting. The position will also oversee the quality and consistency of messaging in interactive campaigns that align with the organization’s messaging and will integrate all efforts with mobile and social components. Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee campaign creation from start to finish. The main responsibility will be to implement compelling and impactful membership campaigns for both advocacy and fundraising
- Strategize the year-long plan for the SMS list
- Lead user testing and audience analysis to gain insights into our core demographic
- Advise the online strategy team and senior leadership on campaign framework
- Administer HRC's social media presence, including integration of social media into HRC programs and online engagement campaigns; recruiting and cultivating followers; updating and maintaining social networking profiles & development of new social media campaigns both nationally and locally
- Ensure the successful execution of all national email launches including all related pages and collateral in Engaging Networks basecamp tool
- Act as project owner to design, implement, test and launch all member & supporter cultivation emails as well as departmental newsletters and special priority projects for senior leadership
- Maintain detailed knowledge of both HRC’s program work and development operations—actively participating in all relevant meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with 5-7 years of online direct marketing or online communication experience including campaign development and implementation.
- Technical and analytical experience associated with a membership database and/or eCRM a must.
- Experience in Engaging Networks a must.
- Experience with data management and analysis.
- Familiarity with financial or accounting related tasks a plus.
- Solid writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- Strong desire to achieve program and professional growth.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills a must. Must be comfortable with managing, updating and analyzing data.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Experience with HTML, HTML editors, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Must be a creative problem solver with the ability to think outside the box to solve problems
- Able to respond rapidly to changing priorities
- Creative, catchy, marketing-style writing skills required
- Ability to research and identify the latest trends in online fundraising and engagement
- Ability to be collaborative and to work on many different objectives with many stakeholders
- Commitment to LGBTQ equality is required.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.