Lambda Legal has used impact litigation and other advocacy tools to decriminalize same-sex relationships, fight HIV discrimination, win marriage equality, and advance the rights of transgender people, among other key issues impacting the lives and wellbeing of LGBTQ people.
Based in New York City, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will serve in a new position designed to guide the organization’s national growth to $25M in operating revenue over the next three years. As the trusted right-hand to the CEO, the COO will be a change leader who enables Lambda Legal to achieve its plans for expansion and increased impact during a key period of organizational transition. The COO will be the go-to person on the Executive Team for ensuring effective and efficient day-to-day operations and identifying solutions to emerging problems. The COO will play a critical role across all departments and offices in helping the organization achieve its mission and embody its values, building collaboration and communication across functional and regional lines, and ensuring operational effectiveness.
- Minimum 15 years of leadership experience in strategy and operations for mission-driven organizations or government agencies
- Strong expertise in driving organizational change, capacity-building, and organizational development, including effectively managing organizational growth and sustainability
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and experience in building diverse, inclusive, and engaged workplaces
- Management acumen with experience building and leading a team of high-capacity senior executives and employees at all levels of an organization
- Deep project management experience with ability to take a concept to fruition and to execute for success
- Experience playing a leadership role in organizations with remote offices and staff
Lambda Legal has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Melissa Madzel here.