The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all. The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
Position Summary: The Consumer Marketing program is a top source of new members and supporters for the Human Rights Campaign. The program’s two brick & mortar stores and Online Shop give the organization an international presence. With orders originating from all 50 states and 80+ countries, this allows supporters to act as "walking billboards" and participate in a grassroots guerilla marketing approach to increase visibility for HRC and LGBTQ equality. Through branded merchandise, Consumer Marketing puts a diverse human face on HRC and gives our supporters an entry point for sharing their stories with friends and families at home, at work and in their communities. The Consumer Marketing Assistant reports directly to the Deputy Director of Consumer Marketing and is responsible for providing daily operational and administrative support to the Consumer Marketing team. The Consumer Marketing team advances HRC’s mission through the development and marketing of branded merchandise for HRC’s retail channels, membership campaigns, and electoral engagement. Position Responsibilities:
- Assist the Consumer Marketing team with all administrative duties including scheduling meetings, travel and appointments, shipping and receiving, managing department meetings, reporting expenses and processing check requests.
- Complete accounting and data entry pertaining to HRC's merchandise sales.
- Manage HQ inventory of retail items.
- Create and manage HQ purchase orders.
- Record and invoice all Consumer Marketing purchase orders.
- Engage with internal and external clients and vendors.
- Produce written material for the web or other forms of external and internal communication needs, such as blog posts, social media captions, letters, and various other Consumer Marketing priorities.
- Assist in developing and sustaining brand identity through social media outlets and other new media opportunities.
- Monitor the internet to find possible trademark violations.
- Manage lists of social media contacts.
- Maintain files and other materials for the Consumer Marketing Department’s needs.
- Aid in cross-departmental task and collaborations.
- Gather and prepare information for Board updates and Board reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- At least one year of administrative experience in a professional environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Strong communication skills, strong writing ability, and creativity are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure while simultaneously handling multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have proven computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and preferred experience in PowerPoint and Google Docs, Sheets, and Drive.
- Strong willingness to be a team player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers