The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
Position Summary:HRC's Digital Media team manages a wide variety HRC’s online properties, including www.HRC.org, associated microsites and social media platforms. Some of the ongoing tasks for this position include drafting language for various social platforms and scheduling content; researching LGBTQ-related trending topics; uploading content to HRC.org; website maintenance as needed. This is a full-time temporary position covering an employee out on medical leave. The position is expected to continue through late June/early July. Position Responsibilities:
- Research daily trends, stories and relevant topics for blog posts and social media
- Provide input to digital campaigns and subsequent rollout plans
- Make updates to HRC.org as needed through our content management system Expression Engine
- Post timely and relevant content throughout HRC.org and on other online properties
- Assist in editing and producing blog posts and social media language
- Assist in measuring analytics
- Organize and map content
- Lead research projects to help create strategic digital plans and to update HRC databases
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience writing and editing blog posts and language for various social media platforms
- Proficient in AP Style
- Social media experience in a professional capacity (i.e. creating content and posting for a brand or organization)
- Experience with/knowledge of content management systems such as Expression Engine, WordPress or Drupal
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in LGBTQ issues
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Pay expected to be around $19-$20 per hour. *Please include a cover letter in your application.* All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers