As the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Americans, the Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 3 million members and supporters nationwide — all committed to making HRC's vision a reality.HRC envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:The Consumer Marketing program is a top source of new members and supporters for HRC. The program’s two brick & mortar stores and Online Shop give the organization an international presence. With orders originating from all 50 states and 80+ countries, this allows supporters to act as "walking billboards" and participate in a grassroots guerilla marketing approach to increase visibility for HRC and LGBTQ equality. Through branded merchandise, Consumer Marketing puts a diverse human face on HRC and gives our supporters an entry point for sharing their stories with friends and families at home, at work and in their communities. The Marketing and Design Coordinator reports directly to the Deputy Director of Consumer Marketing and is responsible for assisting in the curation of Consumer Marketing material as well as maintaining an organizational flow within the department. Position Responsibilities:
- Execute design projects for Consumer Marketing including, but not limited to, graphic design for merchandise, e-marketing, promotional material, advertisements, invitations, brochures, reports, infographics, PowerPoint and keynote presentations.
- Employ independent judgment and discretion to review comments and messages on HRC’s social media platforms.
- Coordinate Consumer Marketing design projects with internal resources and outside vendors.
- Manage and maintain Consumer Marketing photo collections and digital assets.
- Prepare department documents including board reports and Consumer Marketing collateral.
- Create merchandise photo content for shop.hrc.org and social media.
- Assist with seeking product placement opportunities to increase visibility and effectively communicate HRC’s brand.
- Assist with administrative duties including store orders, headquarter purchase orders, invoicing and gifting.
- Work with the Consumer Marketing team to conduct assessments and to respond to the consumer marketing needs of HRC.
- Work with internal stakeholders in ordering merchandise for other departments.
- Assist with remote merchandise sales.
- Manage outside vendor relationships.
- Maintain HRC’s brand standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design (or equivalent work experience) plus one to three years of related experience.
- Creativity and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and commitment to providing high quality work with a service-oriented approach.
- Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Photography experience preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
- Strong skills with social media, Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
*Please include a link to examples of your creative work in the cover letter or resume or upload separate documents.* All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers