The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary: The Pride Fulfillment Logistics Temp will work with the Membership Outreach staff and the Senior Manager of Membership Outreach to manage and fulfill pride shipments to over 200 pride events nationwide. This temp will play an integral role in coordinating and maintaining a “live” inventory system, and serve as team leader- overseeing the day to day work of three full-time temporary staff to assist in the overall process. Other duties will include managing large-scale returns and restocking all materials. Occasional assisting with the Pride program’s other day to day operations when needed may be required as well. This is a six-month position beginning in May 2018 and ending in October 2018. Position Responsibilities: The Pride Fulfillment Logistics Temp will have important responsibilities from the beginning of their position, as well as miscellaneous assignments as they are needed.
- Prepare shipping calendar for all pride events
- Prepare packing slips for all pride events
- Employ quality control measures for all pride shipments leaving building
- Prepare individual shipments
- Monitor the status of supplies that will travel to various events in the field, troubleshooting as necessary to ensure timely delivery
- Organize and effectively manage the storage of materials
- Manage an accurate inventory of all materials
- Pre-pack shipments for weekends with numerous pride events
- Organize the receiving of materials back from events
- Provide weekly reports to the Membership Outreach team on status of inventory, shipments, and general fulfillment operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in fulfillment and shipping operations
- Previous experience managing an inventory system
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Professional & responsible manner
- Demonstrated interest in gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign and/or the Human Rights Campaign Foundation may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers