The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) is the nation’s leading social justice policy advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people. Located in Washington, DC, NCTE works to change policy and society at local, state, and federal levels.
The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) seeks a Rapid Response Communications Manager. The position works within the Communications Department, reports to the Director of Communications and is responsible for real-time monitoring of news, issues, and events; advancing organizational messaging, images and resources across the organization; drafting internal and external materials; and managing rapid response with new media and social media and around key campaigns, especially those related to transgender law and policy.Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, monitor, research, and respond to news on transgender-related policy matters in real-time, often outside of the established work day
- Rapidly respond to media inquiries and online conversations/developments in a complex and fast-paced organization
- Work with media in positive and adverse situations, including extensive pitching
- Producing draft messaging – including talking points, statements and press releases
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across NCTE and with organizational partners, create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Help establish new directions with messaging and manage rapid change
- Other duties as assigned
Location and Hours This position works out of our national office in Washington, DC. The position may involve occasional travel.
- Experience: Preferably at least two years of experience in organizational communications/advocacy/social media, preferably with a non-profit of similar or larger size (no specific educational degree is required)
- Outstanding listening, awareness and superior conversational skills, to elicit the right information from a variety of sources
- Must be well-versed in developing communication materials, be social media savvy, and must be eager to pitch extensively, have exceptional creative skills and writing talent
- Strong understanding of the issues and needs of transgender people in the United States, including trans people of color and those with low- or no income, and having skill in speaking directly but sensitively about issues of gender, sexuality, race, class, and other aspects of diversity and oppression within an intersectional framework
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team of hard-working, assertive, and energetic professionals, giving and taking input with a variety of staff
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, detail-oriented, including ability to manage multiple tasks independently, set and meet goals, prioritize, plan, manage, and complete work on deadline
- Personality: The ideal candidate will typify intellectual curiosity and gregariousness, as well as the ability to remain calm and focused during crisis situations, while also possessing a sense of urgency
- Must be comfortable working in a high-volume environment and have the ability to closely follow the messaging of the organization on a wide variety of issues
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), and social media required; Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires frequent irregular evening and weekend work to respond to breaking news/developments
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred (not required)
Email a resume and cover letter to apply [at] transequality.org (a single PDF document is preferred), with the subject line “Rapid Response Communications Manager.” Inquire over email if an acknowledgement of your application is not received after one week. Please no calls. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.