The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:The Senior Designer creatively communicates the mission and vision of the Human Rights Campaign through our online and offline graphic design work. The Senior Designer reports to the Senior Design Director. Position Responsibilities:
- Manage small and large-scale projects from concept to production.
- Lead design projects for the organization including but not limited to editorial design, infographics, PowerPoint and keynote presentations, promotional material, advertisements, invitations, brochures, reports, advertising and digital media needs.
- Work closely with the Senior Design Director and staff across the organization in design and production of print and online materials consistent with program objectives, brand guidelines and budgetary constraints.
- Communicate concept ideas and graphic programs with internal team and related departments.
- Supervise an intern and temporary employees, including when applicable, interviewing, hiring, coaching, motivating and disciplining.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Fine Arts or Graphic Design (or equivalent in work experience) with at least four to seven years of design and production experience is required.
- Creativity and attention to detail with a refined eye for design.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and commitment to providing high quality work with a service-oriented approach.
- Exceptional verbal and customer service skills.
- Strong skills with social media, Microsoft Office applications, and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Proven expertise with Adobe CS including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires “on call" evening and weekend work.
- Personal interest and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
*Please submit your portfolio of work in the cover letter or resume via a link or upload separate documents. All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers