Started in 1992, Asian Family Support Services of Austin is a nonprofit organization that helps and empowers victims and survivors of domestic abuse, sexual assault and trafficking. The agency improves their access to services and increases community awareness of various forms of gender based violence and oppression.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly effective individual to fulfill the position of full-time Administrative Specialist. This position includes half-time Office Manager duties as well as half-time Executive Assistant duties and is responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the office.
- Design, implement and enforce office policies.
- Updating health and safety policies and ensuring that they are being adhered to.
- Ensuring a safe work environment for employees.
- Ensure proper facilities operations (maintenance of security door codes, building access keys and etc.
- Designing a filing system for administration, corporate, vendor and grant records and ensuring that these systems are up-to-date.
- Developing a procedure for maintaining corporate and grant records.
- Maintaining the office budget and keeping track of all expenses.
- Prepare large mail-outs for development projects.
- Collect monthly financials and ensure proper coding to be submitted to the Program and Operations Director.
- Ensure office schedules and agency contact lists are updated.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Research & negotiate the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Ensure office is clean and organized and designed for effective operations.
- Maintain ALL office supplies such as stationary, kitchen supplies and other essential items.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
- Ensure agency computers, servers and other technology platforms are in functional order and effectively collaborate with agency IT contractor.
- Pick-up mail from the post office and distribute to the staff.
- Communication duties, including maintaining office correspondence and handling community inquiries.
- Maintain company website and its presence on all social media platforms.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are updated and distributed to staff
- Coordinate staff and board meetings (taking minutes, setting up location, coordinate communication with attendees)
- Schedule and coordinate various meetings and events.
- Draft general correspondence, including reports, letters, memos and presentations.
- Manage calendars and maintain awareness of deadlines and time frames.
- Assist with fundraising event planning and execution.
- Assist the Executive Director on development and administrative projects as assigned.
Benefits: Vacation, Sick and Flex time. Health Insurance.
Skills and Attributes • Strong ability to meet competing priorities and work within high paced environment.• Effective use of time and quick turn-around time on assigned projects.• Strong project management skills.• Strong knowledge of office software and technology hardware.• Strong ability to problem solve with little guidance.• Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and colleagues.• Excellent writing and grammar skills• Detail oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills.• Working knowledge of mail processes such as postage machine, USPS, Federal Express and UPS.• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.• Strong customer service skills and high level of professionalism.• Professional appearance and manner.• Ability to negotiate effectively.• Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs. Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of previous experience in office management.
- Have a valid work permit.
- Must be flexible to be on-call for office emergencies outside of work schedule.