The Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide. As the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization, HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
The Associate Director of Events Operations reports to the Director of Events and is an integral part of a highly functioning and fast-paced team at a cutting edge organization. This role will focus on creating and developing overall strategies and sophisticated systems to continue to grow and move the program forward through the accurate tracking of all revenue and expenses for the HRC Gala Dinners. In addition, this role provides crucial support to the 25+ annual HRC Gala Dinners, the events team, and the development department on a daily basis. Position Responsibilities:Financial:
- Assist the Director of Events and the Events Team in developing and creating processes to manage the overall financial systems involving revenue and expenses for the gala events for the fiscal year in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This includes leading an annual audit of the Event Team financial gala spreadsheets, reconciling the end of month reports and tracking the quarterly results for the volunteer reports.
- In collaboration with the Director of Events and the Deputy Director of Events leads and manages the budgeting process for the next fiscal year that begins in late fall and assist with analysis of previous years’ performance, trend and projection analysis.
- Develop strategic overall processes and reports to continue to move the program forward by analyzing the expenses, including tracking trends and identifying opportunities for efficiencies in the Gala Events program to ensure all expenses are recorded properly and in a timely manner.
- Create strategic overall tracking and reconciling system for all revenue processed in-house and through third party vendors (i.e. Box Office Tickets and BidPal) in coordination with the Development department leadership.
- Manage the external vendor relationships with ticketing and auction vendors (Box Office Tickets and BidPal) to enhance the full potential of opportunities, as well as oversee the accurate tracking of revenue through both vendors.
- Create and provide ongoing reports (budget vs. actual, cost of fundraising, last vs. current fiscal year) throughout the year on the progress of the Gala Events program as a whole, including monthly projections with a particular focus on such reports during the budget process.
- Oversee and drive the 90-day closeout process for each dinner and facilitate the forwarding of results to necessary committees, board leaders and volunteers. This includes managing the process of accurately updating and tracking the community financial goals and results database on a quarterly basis.
- Enhance the system of recouping of uncollected revenue from donors, collecting outstanding invoices for sponsorships, and declines from pledged revenue.
- This position has significant responsibilities around operations for the HRC National Dinner - our largest fundraising dinner in the fall - that is led by the Gala Events Team.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Team and the Event Managers, create an overall system to oversee and manage the tracking and shipping of auction items provided by National Corporate Partners and other companies that assist the more than 25 dinners around the country throughout the year.
- Travel as necessary to dinners to manage and run the registration/auction system (BidPal) (approximately 8 weekends per year).
- In collaboration with Events Managers, develop the processes for using BidPal and other 3rd-party auction software at specific gala dinners. This includes traveling when necessary, to the event, setting up the software and network in collaboration with HRC IT staff, and leading the volunteers in using the software to manage registration and silent auction
- Collaborate with the HRC database team to develop and implement an Events database module that is structured to accommodate the history of the Events program, as well as, strategize about more efficient ways to analyze trends and develop more efficient ways to use the data available to enhance the gala program.
- Collaborate and strategize with the HRC Web Team and events staff to enhance and update the Dinner program’s online presence, as well as manage the email communication, schedule and finalizing all Gala emails.
- Collaborate and strategize with the HRC Direct Marketing program to ensure that the proper event acknowledgements are being sent to event attendees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Established background in accounting procedures and systems management & development with 3-5 years of experience in an event-driven organization.
- Must have strong writing skills, strong verbal communication skills and be able to work directly with volunteers.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and take initiative on new projects.
- Highly professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through influence and consensus building.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills a must, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, accounting software and relational database programs and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires frequent evening and weekend work.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ rights required.
To apply please visis www.hrc.org/careers