This full-time position will join the marketing team and will report to the marketing director.Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through the end of 2021 with a desire for the role to be permanently based in Chicago, IL (in-person when able). NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, travel, and hold in-person meetings. NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
As part of the marketing team, the associate marketing director supports the marketing director by managing the tactical implementation of NDTC’s strategic marketing plan. They lead our efforts to curate and share trainee stories and support the political team’s collaboration with political partners. To succeed in this role, you must be an exemplary project manager, be able to work with diverse teams and specialties to lead the integration and execution of a data-driven marketing strategy. Our ideal candidate is politically savvy and able to connect effectively with political candidates, campaign staffers, Democratic leaders, and progressive organization representatives, and understand how to tell the NDTC story through our trainees’ experiences and accomplishments in a way that drives organizational goals. This position reports to the marketing director. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage the tactical implementation of the marketing strategy.
- Work collaboratively with marketing team members and marketing consultants to ensure integration, consistency, and quality control across all marketing channels.
- Lead the execution and creative implementation of our work to connect with, follow, and share our trainees stories across all marketing channels.
- Support the work of our political team through collaboration with the communications teams of partner organizations, influencers, and elected officials.
- Organize, promote, and manage online and digital community events.
- Follow NDTC candidates, staff, and local leaders throughout their electoral journey in order to identify ways we can support and amplify their message.
- Tell the NDTC story by engaging with and sharing the stories of our trainees.
- Work with other teams to curate, further develop, and distribute story opportunities based on trainee experiences.
- Monitor the NDTC online community at-large and understand what’s working, what’s not, and how the organization can better serve our online community’s needs.
- Act as the liaison between the online community and NDTC in all ways.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but who thrives in collaborative team environments.
- Two cycles of work in Democratic politics.
- Ability to manage large, multi-faceted projects and integrate the work of diverse teams across multiple marketing channels.
- Understanding of data-driven marketing and experience turning data into action.
- Ability to connect and engage with a wide variety of people online.
- Superb written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- An extreme attention to detail and understanding of interpersonal communications.
- Ability to project a consistent brand voice through all marketing channels.
Nice-to-Haves, but Not Required Experiences and Skills:
- Extrovert with ability to connect with candidates, staff, and local leaders from across the country.
- Familiarity with virtual training environment tools (such as Zoom).
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $85,000 – $100,000 per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, a two- week winter break, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays. To apply please email the following to abrown [at] traindemocrats.org with “Associate Marketing Director” as the subject line.
- In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please provide a PDF sharing an example of a multi-team, multi-channel campaign you’ve lead, the goals, and the results.
- Date you are available to start.
No calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.