The LGBTQ Community Center of The Desert (“The Center”) is the only non-profit community center in Eastern Riverside County run by and for LGBTQ people of all ages and identities. Its mission is to create a vibrant community by “helping LGBTQ people along their way.” The Center envisions a Coachella Valley with LGBTQ people living authentically and thriving in a supportive and inclusive community.
The Executive Director and CEO will assume primary operating and oversight responsibility for The Center and will work closely with Board, Staff, and community partners to advance the organization’s work and mission. She/He/They will have ultimate responsibility for strategic, operational, administrative, and financial stewardship in concert with the Board of Directors and will actively engage internal and external stakeholders in creating a shared vision for the future of the Center. This executive leader will also work with Board and Stakeholders to develop and implement a new strategic plan and will provide motivational leadership to The Center with a focus on the following organizational priorities:
- Ensure ongoing financial sustainability through growth and diversification of fundraising programs, capacity, and results
- Broaden outreach to new individuals and communities while deepening engagement with current constituents, supporters, and partners
- Grow, improve, and align programming to meet evolving community needs
- Strengthen and improve operational systems and structures that support people, programs, and organizational growth
- Raise visibility, awareness, and understanding of The Center’s work and accomplishments with all audiences
The Executive Director & CEO will also function as a primary representative of The Center and the people and communities it serves at public events, in the media, with policy makers, and in coalition with other allied community organizations and leaders.
- Minimum of seven years of successful senior leadership and management experience (CEO, Executive Director, Deputy Director or similar), including strong strategic planning, staff management, operations development, and relationship management skills, ideally in a nonprofit environment;
- Successful track record of nonprofit revenue development including individual, corporate, foundation, and special event fundraising;
- Excellent people and team management skills with proven ability to positively coach and mentor staff while also ensuring accountability for results and outcomes;
- Financial oversight and budget management experience in an organization of comparable size and complexity and with similar funding sources;
- Intersectional understanding of LGBTQ social, political, and equity issues;
- History of having led organizational growth while facilitating greater mission achievement;
- Experience building and managing budgets while driving sound financial decisions and policy making;
- Ability to cultivate strategic relationships with other nonprofits, community organizations, public officials, LGBTQ Movement leaders, and non-LGBTQ allies;
- Exceptional written, oral, and electronic communications skills;
- Ability to lead effectively across differences in age, sexual orientation, gender identity, racial and ethnic background, ability, and socioeconomic status.
Inquiries, nominations, or applications (including a cover letter and resume) should be directed electronically and in confidence, to /Users/cdifelice/Dropbox/KCESG/CLIENTS%20--%20ACTIVE/Our%20Family%20Coalition/Recruitment%20Profile/FINAL/search [at] kevinchasesearch.com" rel="nofollow">search [at] kevinchasesearch.com. We are pleased to answer any questions or supply further information.