LGBT Life Center is a trusted leader that empowers the LGBTQ communities and all people affected by HIV through improving health and wellness, strengthening families and communities, and providing transformative education and advocacy.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Program Officer (CPO) will develop strategies, identify funding opportunities and design programs to meet the needs of Hampton Roads’ LGBTQ and HIV communities. In collaboration with the executive leadership team, the CPO will work to advance LGBT Life Center’s mission. Overseeing 60 staff, including the following direct reports, the CPO will assess, enhance and expand LGBT Life Center’s program and services:
- Director of Programs
- Director of Housing Services
- Director of Client Services
- Director of Care Navigation
- Director of Clinical Mental Health Services
The core responsibilities of the CPO position include: Analysis, Strategy and Vision
- Analyze programs and devise strategies for generating new and increased program revenue opportunities;
- Develop business models that capitalize on service line revenue such as 340B savings and third-party billing;
- Refine programs and services to increase outcomes and maximize contract reimbursements;
- Utilizing quantitative and qualitative metrics, evaluate the efficacy of existing programs and services;
- Analyze staffing and workflow to improve billable hours;
- Develop tools for assessing community needs for additional services and programs;
Finance and Administration
- Create, direct and coordinate annual program plan and budget in conjunction with each program director;
- For each program, present financial plans for approval to the CFO and CEO;
- Monitor program budgets. Coordinate with CFO monthly on planned and unplanned variances, plans to resolve any resulting negative impact of variances (both revenue and expense), and upcoming issues that will result in budget variances. Monitor progress of grant contract budgets;
- Create and analyze budget, staff and facilities requirements for determining viability of new and expanded services and programs;
- Scale infrastructure to accommodate program growth;
- Enhance policies and procedures to standardize processes, increase efficiencies and insure regulatory compliance;
- Effectively lead and manage a diverse group of clinical and program staff;
- Identify public and private funding sources for existing and new services and programs;
- Devise tactics, project manage milestones and collaborate with executive and senior leaders to achieve organizational outcomes and realize strategic goals;
- Build strong and cohesive teams working collectively and collaboratively to provide integrated care for all clients and constituents;
- Lead teams, direct staff and oversee programs to ensure best practices and client-centered standards of care are reflected across all programs and services;
- Prepare reports and effectively communicate program goals and outcomes to the LGBT Life Center Board of Directors;
- Build relationships with elected officials, city agencies, and coalition partners;
- Promote diversity within LGBT Life Center and represent LGBT Life Center to internal and external clients, customers, and the community by actively supporting and promoting diversity;
- Ensure that all program activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of LGBT Life Center.
Professional Requirements The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of nonprofit leadership experience, including positions of increased responsibility in program development and oversight roles. The new Chief Program Officer will have demonstrated success developing and securing program revenue. The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- A skilled team leader and team builder capable of building collaborations across departments;
- Demonstrated capacity for thought leadership including adapting programs and teams in response to evolving community needs and advances in care and treatment;
- Experience developing LGBT programs and services;
- Community healthcare experience that includes case management and clinical services;
- Understanding of the budgeting and reporting requirements associated with government funded services;
- Knowledge of housing and community health funding models including New Market Tax Credits, 340b programs, and Medicare/Medicaid and third-party payor reimbursements;
- Proficiency collecting and analyzing data including performance metrics;
- An understanding of the history and issues facing LGBTQ, HIV-affected, at-risk and underserved communities;
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in a relevant field (M.B.A., M.P.A, M.P.H., M.S.W.) is preferred.
Personal Characteristics Our client is seeking a strategic leader with a track-record of developing and managing high-impact programs. The new Chief Program Officer will be adept at transforming community needs into fundable programs with measurable outcomes. The ideal candidate will be characterized by the following traits:
- High level of business acumen including successful budget management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; problem solving; project management; and creative resourcefulness.
- Strategic Vision and Agility-ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan to ensure full execution.
- High emotional intelligence exemplified by respect for LGBT Life Center’s history, appreciation for its impact in the community, and understanding of the interconnected nature of longstanding regional relationships.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and skilled team leader capable of fostering a culture of trust and transparency. They will build productive collaborations with both staff and stakeholders. The Chief Program Officer will be passionate about providing the resources and support for LGBT and HIV-affected individuals to live a healthy and connected life.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and résumé as attachments via e-mail to: Michelle Kristel, Managing PartnerMcCormack+Kristel1740 Broadway, 15th FloorNew York, NY 10019Email: search [at] mccormackkristel.comPhone: 212.531.5003Fax: 212.203.9599 Website www.mccormackkristel.com Please note that your education, dates of employment and otherinformation will be verified prior to an offer. LGBT Life Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. LGBTQ people, people of color, transgender and gender nonconforming people, and individuals of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.