Our Family Coalition promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. OFC offers family support programs serving LGBTQ parents/caregivers and their children, by providing educational workshops, parent peer support groups, and community-building events and activities; helps foster institutional change focused on building cultural competency for working with LGBTQ families in elementary schools, early childhood settings, and health & social service providers; and engages in policy & advocacy work to advance the equality of LGBTQ families. These three areas of work inform and build on one another. Throughout our programs, we have focused resources on deepening our work with families and the communities in which they live. For more information about Our Family Coalition, please visit www.ourfamily.org.
OFC is seeking a Communications Intern to support our efforts to increase the impact and visibility of LGBTQ headed families. OFC is looking for a creative individual who is committed to our mission. The Communications Intern works closely with the Communications Coordinator and will:
- Assist with bi-monthly e-newsletter;
- Assist with maintaining website, including posting press releases & news items;
- Help draft press releases and other communications vehicles as needed;
- Track and capture media placements in print, television, radio, and web outlets, using various video/audio capture programs.
- Provide research support for special projects;
- Maintain press contacts database and manage distribution of press materials;
- Compile news for OFC's blog.
- Quick learner with the ability to take initiative;
- Graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong web, social media and computer skills;
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible when necessary;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or commitment to LGBT equality & social justice;
- Experience with the Wordpress platform a plus.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Communications Intern position, along with a resume to renata [at] ourfamily.org or fax to 415-981-1962.