Immigrant Justice Corps (IJC) is the country’s first and only fellowship program dedicated to meeting the unprecedented need for high-quality legal assistance for immigrants seeking citizenship, other lawful status, and fighting deportation. IJC mobilizes the country’s most talented law school and college graduates to provide high quality representation to low- income immigrants.
At a time of programmatic growth, Immigrant Justice Corps seeks a Communications Manager to elevate IJC’s brand and visibility in the immigration field. Reporting to the Executive Director, this hire will work across program and development teams to curate stories, engage a variety of audiences, and ensure that IJC communicates with a singular vision and voice. Specifically, the Communications Manager will:
- Develop, execute and maintain a cohesive communications strategy that leverages IJC’s unique position as the only immigration and social justice fellowship.
- Manage a detailed and robust editorial calendar that maps out communications activities across multiple channels: social media, opinion pieces, newsletters, donor communications, online fundraising campaigns, etc.
- Serve as the focal point and chief copywriter for all IJC internal and external communications; work with fellows, staff, alumni, and partnership to curate content that enhances IJC’s presence in all forms of media.
- Oversee IJC’s digital marketing activities including creating a monthly social plan, managing content creation, and enhancing search engine visibility.
- Lead media relations, pursue relevant sources and outlets, and maintain relationships with media, thought leaders, and other influencers to pitch and place stories; leverage board relationships in developing relationships with high-profile outlets.
- Oversee all visual / graphic content creation, working with and managing external consultants as needed.
- Provide support to the Executive Director in their role as lead spokesperson and review executive communications.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Development to develop messaging and strategy for fundraising campaigns.
- Build, manage, and optimize systems and processes for managing brand assets, templates, mailing lists, and other marketing/communications materials.
- Ensure monitoring, learning, and reporting is accomplished by close tracking of metrics, milestones, and goals.
- Become a knowledgeable ambassador for IJC with an understanding of the funding, legal, policy, and political landscape that impacts immigration. Keep a finger on the pulse of the national immigration landscape.
- You are a passionate advocate committed to IJC’s mission and values. You bring a strong commitment to social justice and the rights of immigrants. You thrive in an organization that values candor, trust, open communications, kindness, accountability, and a commitment to learning and growth.
- You are a versatile and well-rounded communications professional. You bring at least 5-7 years of work experience in nonprofit marketing and/or communications, with experience leading strategies and activities that elevate an organization’s brand and engage a variety of audiences. Fluency in social media with a proven track record of building engagement and growth is required.
- You are an exceptional writer, storyteller, and communicator. You are skilled in analyzing, breaking down, and communicating complex ideas in ways that inspire others to action. You demonstrate an understanding of the context surrounding an issue area and create logical arguments that clearly articulate the “why” behind an organization’s mission and impact.
- You are a thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily and fosters long-term connections. You have a warm, energetic, and authentic personality that translates to building lasting relationships both internally and externally. You are a deep and attentive listener and can work with a variety of personalities.
- You bring a collaborative approach to working with internal teams. You bring positivity and a consultative approach in supporting the marcomm needs of staff. You listen well and seek to understand stakeholders’ unique needs. You leverage technology, templates, and collaboration tools in working across departments and teams.
- You are a flexible, resourceful, and well-organized project manager. You are experienced in leading multiple projects and strategically using limited resources to create the biggest impact. You drive innovation, solve problems, and maintain a high degree of flexibility and creativity in a dynamic environment.
- You are tech-savvy and keep up with marketing tools and trends. You are proficient in social media channels, media monitoring, Google Analytic, WordPress, MailChimp, Canva and/or similar programs. Graphic design, video, and/or photography skills are a plus.
- You are a catalyst for racial and social justice work. You hold an analysis of racial and social inequities and systems of oppression. You have a demonstrated track record of working effectively across lines of difference. You are self-reflective about your own growth and learning, relative privilege, and positional power.
Apply here with your resume and personalized cover letter that answers the question "What excites you about Immigrant Justice Corps and the Communications Manager opportunity?” Please address cover letter to Jojo Annobil, Executive Director. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and handled with confidentiality.