TheBody.com and TheBodyPRO.com, the world's leading online HIV/AIDS information, community, and science resources, are seeking a talented, motivated, highly detail-oriented person for the position of Community Editor. The role of this position is to produce top-quality content on TheBody.com and TheBodyPRO.com that serves, and reflects, the needs and challenges faced by the constellation of people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS, primarily those living in the U.S. This position will report to the managing editor and will be located in New York City.Remedy Health Media is one of America’s fastest growing health information and technology companies. The company was featured in Crain’s Best Places to Work and Fast 50 list, has been recognized as the Media Brand of the Year by Medical Marketing & Media (MM&M). Our mission is to help the millions of people we touch every day make better health decisions. Remedy is based both in Arlington, Virginia and New York City.About RemedyRemedy Health Media (Remedy) is a leading health information and technology company that helps millions of patients and caregivers live healthier and more fulfilled lives. Remedy strives to improve consumer health engagement and outcomes through the development of authentic communities of health information seekers who can interact and learn from relatable physician, pharmacist, public health and patient experts. The company helps over 175 million health consumers annually through various digital, mobile and point-of-care information products and technologies. TheBody.com and TheBodyPRO.com are brands of Remedy Health Media. To learn more about Remedy, please visit www.RemedyHealthMedia.com. We are an Equal Opportunity WorkplaceRemedy Health Media is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Compose, assign and edit a wide range of content for TheBody.com and TheBodyPRO.com, including news articles, features, blogs, op-eds, interviews, informational resources and multimedia
- Expand, manage and cultivate TheBody.com's corps of bloggers
- Monitor and assess the ongoing efforts of our content partners, and curate selected materials for cross-posting on TheBody.com and TheBodyPRO.com
- Compile, analyze and share insights from the individuals and groups who comprise TheBody.com's core readership, as well as those who provide care to them
- Play a key role in the strategy, planning and implementation of editorial projects and efforts to improve the reader experience on TheBody.com
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least three years of professional experience in an HIV/AIDS-related field, or equivalent personal experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent,
- At least three years of real-world experience in a Web production environment (You don't need to know how to program, but you do need to have a solid appreciation for how Web sites are built and how they run.)
- A deep understanding of (or personal experience with) HIV/AIDS, including the nature of the virus, how to prevent its spread, how it is treated and the realities of living with HIV/AIDS in the U.S. and abroad
- Outstanding writing and editing ability. (Some background in journalism would be nice, but a rigorous journalistic mentality is more important.)
- Experience with multimedia content production (infographics, image editing, video) is helpful, but not required
- Superb interpersonal skills. Must be energized by meeting and engaging with new people, maintaining correspondence with individuals and organizations, engaging with others on social media platforms, and taking part in (or even helping organize) community gatherings, meetings and social events.
- Able to maintain a level head and work well with others in high-stress environments with multiple deadlines looming
If you feel you'd be a good fit for this position, then we look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume!
Pipeline Project members are invited to send their resume and cover letter directly to JD/Julie Davids, jdavids [at] thebody.com, who can then forward it to the HR staff. Please also contact JD with any questions.