The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
The Content Producer is a mid-level position that reports directly to the Deputy Director of Digital Media and is responsible for ongoing editorial production and marketing for the Human Rights Campaign’s print and digital properties.
- Write and develop editorial content for the organization including but not limited to the blog, social media and print pieces.
- Manage the editorial and production process from beginning to end for the quarterly magazine, fundraising newsletter and other projects as they arise.
- Develop a wide variety of content for print and digital properties including but not limited to: blog posts, social media posts, video, etc.
- Develop and manage social media campaigns from concept to execution.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage projects.
- Help maintain and enforce editorial style guidelines.
- Provide on-call development and execution on rapid-response campaigns often after hours and on weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience with strong preference for five to seven years’ experience developing content, preferably online.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and other digital tools and a passion for using these tools to drive action and engagement.
- Must be pro-active and self-starter.
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online and excellent writing skills.
- Willingness to take on routine tasks as needed, team player, and a positive attitude are necessary;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires evening and weekend work.
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders, being calm under pressure, and managing a diversity of opinions on each project.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive), and social media.
- Experience with Photoshop and a content management system such as Wordpress preferred.
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues.
Please apply on the application link provided.