City Parks Alliance is the only independent, nationwide membership organization solely dedicated to urban parks. The mission of City Parks Alliance is to engage, educate and nurture a broad-based constituency to support the creation, revitalization and sustainability of parks and green spaces that contribute to more vibrant and equitable cities.
City Parks Alliance is the only independent, nationwide membership organization solely dedicated to urban parks. The mission of City Parks Alliance is to engage, educate and nurture a broad-based constituency to support the creation, revitalization and sustainability of parks and green spaces that contribute to more vibrant and equitable cities.City Parks Alliance leads and serves the community of diverse organizations that encompass the parks world, from neighborhood groups to government agencies, championing high quality urban parks throughout the nation. City Parks Alliance is vital to sound public policy and citizen engagement that recognizes city parks as an integral part of forming strong, vibrant cities that nurture their communities and local economies. Our vision is that everyone in urban America will have access to parks and green spaces.City Parks Alliance presents the Greater & Greenerconference every two years in a pre-selected city. This five-day event, produced in partnership with the local city park agency, is the premier gathering for urban park leaders and includes 80+ events, both indoors and out. The event includes numerous sponsorship opportunities and an exhibitor program. Future conferences will be held in Denver, CO, July 20-24, 2019, followed by Philadelphia, PA, in summer 2021. The City Parks Alliance Corporate Council is a select group of business leaders providing strategic guidance for increasing public and private investment in urban parks and greenspace. City Parks Alliance also provides member support through the PARKXCHANGE program portfolio of webinars, tours, on-line resources, communications tools, and trainings for which we raise sponsorship funds. Job Description: The Corporate Relations Specialist’s primary responsibilities will be to meet revenue targets established through the strategic plan and annual budget process. We are looking for a goal-oriented member of our team whowill be responsible forgrowing existing and establishing new partnerships that will attract and retain corporate support at all giving levels for the biennial Greater & Greenerinternational urban parks conference and other signature programs. He/she will secure sponsorship and exhibitors for the Greater & Greenerinternational urban parks conference and other member programs and will help build and engage the Corporate Council. This part-time position will report to the Executive Director and interface with other development and communications staff and the conference team.Primary Responsibilities (with estimated percentage of time):
- Secure and manage corporate sponsorships and exhibitors for Greater & Greenerconference (60%)
- Secure corporate sponsorships for on-going programs (15%)
- Oversee continued development of City Parks Alliance Corporate Council (10%)
- Support Communications and Marketing Director in development of digital and print content to market Greater & Greenerconference and corporate council to potential sponsors (10%)
- Support Membership Manager in cultivation of corporate members (5%)
- Apply recommendations from fundraising analysis where possible to Greater & Greener2019 conference.
- Greater & GreenerConference Sponsorship
- Update corporate sponsorship package, including new opportunities for corporate support
- Prepare proposals and cultivation plans
- Secure sponsorships to meet conference budget goals
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment and execution of recognition and other benefits
- Oversee publicity and sales of conference exhibit space
- Work with local host committee to identify local and national sponsors
- Provide on-site relationship management during conference
- Provide ongoing stewardship of relationships
- Member Programs Sponsorship
- Develop corporate sponsorship package, working with relevant program staff to craft sponsorship opportunities
- Prepare proposals and cultivation plans
- Secure sponsorships to meet FY19 budget goals
- Oversee sponsorship fulfillment
- Corporate Council Development
- Work with Development and Membership Committee to identify and help recruit 3-5 additional members of the Corporate Council
- Corporate Membership
- Work with Membership Manager to identify and recruit new members
- Provide exceptional sponsor relations
- Oversee development and production of relevant marketing material; provide updates for website and other general communication tools, including social media
- Develop effective work plans and schedules
- Manage a portfolio of renewing sponsors while identifying, cultivating, and preparing solicitations for new corporate sponsors
- Create and maintain prospect and donor management records, including database updates and invoicing
- Provide clear and precise reporting on revenue and expense and in-kind activity
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in professional fundraising with a focus on corporate cultivation and solicitation and fundraising for events/conferences
- Demonstrated ability to reach ambitious fundraising goals.
- Proven ability to steward a portfolio of sponsors while identifying and soliciting new prospects.
- Strong marketing skills including knowledge of and skills in digital communications and social media marketing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing abilities; knowledge of AP writing style.
- Excellent project management, prioritization and time-management skills to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Office, Google Apps and Dropbox skills.
- Knowledge and experience with database management; Salesforce experience a plus.
- Friendly and professional demeanor. Excellent interpersonal skills. Sense of humor. Team player with ability to work independently and in a small office setting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Enthusiasm for city parks and urban issues a plus.
Application ProcessPlease submit resume, cover letter, three examples of your work (marketing material) and three references in one pdf with subject line “Corporate Relations Specialist Application” to info [at] cityparksalliance.org.Deadline:Applications considered on a rolling basis. Benefits:
- 9 days/year of paid vacation
- 6 paid holidays annually
- Up to 7.5 days of paid sick leave per year
- Short term disability
- Workers compensation
- Flexible schedule
- Tax deferred annuity plan: Eligibility to join CPA plan with employee contributions only
- City Parks Alliance is located at 1777 Church Street, NW. Office environment is a relaxed, shared space in a townhouse two blocks from Dupont Circle, with occasional visits from the office black lab named Duke.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three examples of your work (marketing material) and three references in one pdf with subject line “Corporate Relations Specialist Application” to info [at] cityparksalliance.org.