The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:The Design Assistant supports the marketing team by assisting with graphic design as well as administrative tasks. Position Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Senior Design Director and other marketing staff in production of print and digital collateral consistent with program objectives, brand guidelines and budgetary constraints
- Obtain photography for publications
- Assist with photo and illustration research
- Maintain and organize photo collections
- Scan appropriate photos for publication use
- Work closely with other staff to maintain organizational photo and graphic database
- Assist with administrative functions such as managing invoices and mailing items
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred.
- One to three years of experience in design and production is required.
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and commitment to providing high quality work with a service-oriented approach.
- Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Photography experience preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and customer service skills.
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires “on call" evening and weekend work
- Personal interest and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
- Strong skills with social media, Microsoft Office applications, and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
*Please submit your portfolio of work in the cover letter or resume via a link or upload separate documents. All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers