We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:The Development Assistant reports to the Senior Vice President, Development & Membership and Development Director and is primarily responsible for providing administrative and program support to both positions. This position supports a Senior Vice President and a department that has sophisticated development and membership operations and programs and works with one of the largest volunteer networks of any non-profit. In addition to the support this position provides to the department, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn about fundraising and further develop skills and knowledge in the development field. Position Responsibilities:
- Proactively manage the Senior Vice President’s and Development Director’s calendars including scheduling meetings, coordinating logistics, and preparing meeting materials.
- Manage the Senior Vice President’s written correspondence and assist in receiving and returning phone calls from staff, board members and other outside sources.
- Perform related administrative duties such as arranging travel, conference calls, record keeping, expense reports, and organizing briefing materials.
- Prepare confidential development-specific materials needed for personal visits, database management, and donor and campaign reporting.
- Coordinate, as directed, special projects for the Senior Vice President and Development Director to potentially include researching, presenting of materials, creating reports, and other needs as they arise.
- Assist the Senior Vice President in ensuring smooth and efficient communication among the department, board and the volunteer structure.
- Provide support and assistance to the variety of programs within the Development & Membership Department such as: assisting with the National Dinner, monthly giving programs, high dollar donor programs, and membership expansion initiatives like community events and pride festivals.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Excellent communication, strong writing, analytical and creative skills with a demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have strong attention to detail and commitment to high quality, professionalism and a timely product.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Adaptability to provide important and substantial contributions satisfying a range of needs from an array of fundraising teams.
- Must be able to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment with a high level of professionalism, organization and collaboration.
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion.
- Working knowledge of community outreach, fundraising and/or membership.
- Ability to research and gather information effectively from a variety of sources.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement
- Applicant should have a high level of expertise in Windows-based applications such as
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Apply via the website with your resume and cover letter.