About Equality Federation and Equality Federation Institute:Equality Federation is the movement builder and strategic partner to state-based organizations advocating for LGBTQ people. From Equality Florida to Freedom Oklahoma to Basic Rights Oregon, we amplify the power of the state-based LGBTQ movement. We work collaboratively on critical issues—from advancing workplace fairness and family recognition to defeating anti-transgender bathroom bans and HIV criminalization laws—that affect how LGBTQ people experience the world from cradle to grave.
POSITION IS REMOTE. Atlanta location is for Idealist requirements. Job Title Development CoordinatorReports To Director of Grants & AdministrationThe OpportunityWe are seeking a Development Coordinator to join our team. This position is fundamentally about supporting the day-to-day operations of our entire distributed team, with an emphasis on development and data work. This position will play a critical role in keeping our team connected to each other and to our supporters by managing our database and maintaining contact with our donors. You are a detail-oriented thinker who believes good data leads to strong organizations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where your work is often different from one day to the next. You’re versatile and can manage the flow of a database just as well as you can write a fundraising email. You enjoy being an expert in different systems to support the workflow of everyone at the organization. You have a penchant for the development and data side of nonprofit work and value donor relations. You are able to manage multiple projects at once, and are communicative about your needs. You have an understanding of how LGBTQ issues intersect with racial justice, disability justice, and economic justice priorities. You understand how to work collaboratively with team members to develop realistic and achievable goal-oriented plans. This position will be part of the Development and Communications team and will work closely with the Director of Grants & Administration, Director of Donor & Corporate Relations, and Director of Communications to further the work of Equality Federation. You will work remotely and may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States with broadband internet and access to a major airport.Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Support the operations of our distributed team with clean data, organized systems, and clear communication.
- Maintain accurate records in our donor and contact database, EveryAction.
- Run reports and maintain analytics for fundraising, program, communications.
- Ensure accurate member data to support the goals of the program team.
- Send monthly email to primary contacts at member organizations to obtain staff/board updates and update EveryAction accordingly.
- Set up program team webinars in EveryAction to track member attendance.
- Pull reports as needed for the program team to track their work.
- Set up registration in EveryAction for all membership convenings (including Leadership Conference), and track who registers to monitor which member organizations plan to attend.
- Following annual Member Census, analyze data to present to staff and update EveryAction with each organization’s submitted list of new board and staff
- Support individual giving to Equality Federation (Institute) through stewardship and acknowledgments.
- Maintain systems to support all development activities and operations, including donor and gift record-keeping; databases, records, and files; and gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Ensure prompt and appropriate acknowledgement of all gifts.
- Support online fundraising campaigns, including coordination around Giving Tuesday, Give Out Day, and End-of-Year appeals.
- Support monthly sustaining donors program, tracking automation and renewals.
- Research new potential sponsors for SLS, WxMW, Northeast Convening, and events.
- Draft sponsorship packet for convenings.
- Increase Equality Federation’s brand awareness.
- Coordinate e-appeals with the Director of Communications in accordance with the development plan.
- Write and ghost write periodic posts for the Equality Federation blog, as assigned.
- As skills allow, use Canva and Photoshop to design quick graphics for emails, social media channels, website, sponsorship packets, and other needs.
Salary and Benefits
- This is a full time, permanent position
- Salary: $60,000/year
- Ability to work from anywhere in the United States with broadband internet and access to a major airport
- Health/dental/life insurance, paid time off, retirement plan with employer match, and flexible savings account
- Passion for LGBTQ issues
- Experience working in queer & racially diverse communities
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms
- Knowledge of the state-based LGBTQ movement
- Comfortable managing a CRM database such as Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, or Salsa. Special consideration to applications who are already familiar with NGP VAN and/or EveryAction.
- Quick, accurate web and email content writer
- Experience with online/digital fundraising
- Systems and process oriented
- Skilled in follow through and “managing up”
- Ability to work remotely, manage time effectively, and communicate well
- Ability to work well with a distributed team
- Strong racial equity analysis
- Fluent in Google Suite
- Ability and desire to travel up to 10% (when safe)
- Ability to take ownership of projects and design new projects, with input from the team and guidance from your supervisor
- We will accept applications until April 12th, 2021. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found. It is therefore recommended that you submit your materials as promptly as possible.
- Using this application form, respond to a few short questions and upload your resume (no cover letter required): https://eqfed.org/DevelopmentCoordinator
Equality Federation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, familial status, military status, religion, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity and expression. We welcome and encourage applications from people of color, indigenous people, and transgender people.For more information about the Equality Federation, please visit our website at equalityfederation.org.