Our Family Coalition promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. OFC offers family support programs serving LGBTQ parents/caregivers and their children, by providing educational workshops, parent peer support groups, and community-building events and activities; helps foster institutional change focused on building cultural competency for working with LGBTQ families in elementary schools, early childhood settings, and health & social service providers; and engages in policy & advocacy work to advance the equality of LGBTQ families. These three areas of work inform and build on one another. Throughout our programs, we have focused resources on deepening our work with families and the communities in which they live. For more information about Our Family Coalition, please visit www.ourfamily.org.
OFC is seeking a Development Intern to support our grants management and fundraising efforts. OFC is looking for a creative individual who is committed to our mission. The Development Intern will:
- Assist in developing, producing and implementing development campaigns;
- Research potential donors and sponsors;
- Assist with on and off-site donor cultivation and special events;
- Work closely with the Donor Engagement Associate and the Executive Director.
- Strong interest in fundraising, research, event planning, and/or non-profit organizations;
- Computer literacy, especially with databases, mail merges, spreadsheets, etc.;
- Good organizational and time-management skills;
- Quick learner with initiative & strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or commitment to LGBT equality and social justice;
- Availability for occasional evening and weekend special event activities a plus.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Development Intern position, along with a resume to allen [at] ourfamily.org or fax to 415-981-1962.