The mission of Outright is to build safe, healthy, and supportive environments for LGBTQ+ youth through the age of 22. About Outright Vermont:
- Since 1989, Outright Vermont has worked statewide to provide advocacy, education, and leadership development alongside queer and trans youth, and the adults in their lives. Our organizational model is built on:
- Ensuring Vermont is a state where all queer and trans youth have access to resources they need to live brave, healthy, and authentic lives.
- Commitment to anti-oppression the necessity for intersectional analysis across social identities beyond gender and sexuality.
- Fostering healthy youth-adult partnerships to create mutual opportunities for growth, learning, and skill development.
- Building queer, trans, and allied community who invest in our mission.
Title: Development ManagerReports to: Executive Director The Development Manager is responsible for the strategic fundraising and community engagement efforts that support the vision and mission of Outright Vermont. This position will oversee the expansion and execution of all gift procurement and donor relations work with individuals, foundations, and corporate prospects through direct mail appeals, grants, planned giving, and events. This position will also support the Executive Director in major gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. On occasion, the Development Manager will accompany the ED or board members on solicitation appointments. Key function: Oversee Outright Vermont’s Development Plan
- Meet Annual Fund goals, including strategies and benchmarks for overall growth and sustainability of fundraising efforts.
- Assess and implement systems, processes and initiatives (including in-person, electronic, and print materials) that enhance donor relations and engagement.
- Support the development of annual budget and monthly financial statements, accurately reflecting the condition of the organization in the areas of fundraising, donor relations, communications, and marketing.
- Support the growth of a mission-based donor-centric Major Gifts program including prospect research and identification, and support of the Executive Director in cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement solicitation and stewardship materials.
- Oversee communications and strategic engagement with individual monthly, major, lapsed, and planned gift donors.
- Serve as liaison with Board of Directors in communicating fundraising strategy.
- Use performance measures to monitor results and evaluate effectiveness of fundraising efforts, and track general trends in philanthropic giving.
- Create and distribute an annual report that reflects giving and programmatic progress.
Key Function: Oversee Outright Vermont’s annual fundraising events
- Create strategy for, coordinate, and promote all aspects of Outright fundraisers and events, including but not limited to the Fire Truck Pull and Outright Gayla.
- Execute all aspects of event sponsorship, donor recognition, volunteer coordination, vendor relationships, and promotional efforts.
- Recruit, direct, and acknowledge the volunteers needed for these events.
- Develop materials including advertisement communications, printed materials, and event scripts.
Key Function: Manage Outright Vermont’s donor database and infrastructure
- Assess, organize, and maintain the Outright donor database, including keeping up-to-date contact information for donors, grantors, community partners, and mailing lists.
- Manage acknowledgments for all donors and sponsors.
- Generate print and electronic mailing lists for mailing, donor cultivation, and events.
- Prepare and maintain systems for gift tracking, including all aspects of online, in-person, and mail giving, plus reconciliation with finance.
Key Function: Grantwriting
- Collaborate with leadership staff to research, write, and report on all current and prospective grants.
- Track all relevant grant data and present as needed to funders and prospective funders.
- As necessary, recruit and coordinate the work of any independent grantwriters
Key Function: Provide organizational support
- Manage timeline and budget(s) effectively.
- Maintain editorial calendar and planning documents, as well as archives (digital and print) of event data, marketing and development materials.
- Support coordination of annual communications plan that infuses all marketing materials and social media channels with effective messaging of Outright’s mission and values.
- Maintain accurate email lists.
- Maximize the work and value of outside consultants when appropriate.
- Assist with other organizational duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies This is an exciting, full-time opportunity to work within a small and dynamic team to ensure LGBTQ+ youth across Vermont have what they need to survive and thrive! A social justice lens is a must, as is a demonstrable commitment to Outright Vermont’s mission, vision, and values. Qualified individuals will have 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in the field (or a combination of education and work experience). This includes annual giving, moves management, grant writing, strategic planning, planned giving, and identification, cultivation, and stewardship of donors. The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for fund development, communication platforms, and database experience. This position requires a person who loves the details of fundraising, can strengthen development systems, and multi-task. Meticulous organization, a self-starter, ability to work with a small team, strong written and presentation skills, and the ability to connect to a wide range of donors a must.
Application ProcedureInterested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to hiring [at] outrightvt.org by 12pm on Monday, February 4, 2019. Please include the job title and your full name in the email subject. Applicants who advance through the interview process will be asked for three references. All applicants will receive a confirmation email.