The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center provides a home for the birth, nurture and celebration of our organizations, institutions and culture; cares for our individuals and groups in need; educates the public and our community; and empowers our individuals and groups to achieve their fullest potential.
The NYC LGBT Community Center is seeking a Development Operations Coordinator who will serve as the expert of the donor databases and related products, providing a variety of functions including data integration, advanced reporting, database management, and expert training. This individual will work collaboratively with other members of the development department to create and recommend solutions, and oversee controls and procedures in data management and practices. In addition, the Development Operations Coordinator will:Data Entry and Reporting:
- Oversee and perform entry of gifts and pledges utilizing volunteers, as appropriate.
- Perform regular data audits and assist in resolving data integrity issues.
- Collaborate with the finance department to complete month end reconciliation.
- Create lists, reports and tools, as requested.
- Provide training to staff and/or volunteers on the fundraising technologies.
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Technology Services to perform routine maintenance tasks of the fundraising software, as required.
- Develop and distribute tutorials, processes, and procedures on fundraising software and tools, especially related to Raiser's Edge.
- Coordinate and execute procedures and guidelines to ensure the quality of data and assist the Chief Development Officer and development team with analysis.
- Identify and drive solutions and processes to help improve fundraising for The Center.
- Understand organizational goals and corresponding metrics; make recommendations and build reports that are scalable.
- Critically assess challenges and identify flexible, effective solutions in ambiguous situations.
Required experience and background:
- Minimum of two to three years working in a fast-paced development setting.
- Detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines.
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel).
- Advanced fundraising software experience (Raiser's Edge, NetSolutions, NetCommunity, Blackbaud Sphere).
- Excellent problem solving skills in a multi-departmental agency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of personalities including staff and volunteers.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
Please carefully review the position description and requirements as outlined in the position announcements above. Applicants must demonstrate the appropriate experience and background as described within the position announcement. All submissions must include a cover letter stating the position of interest and salary requirements, with an accompanying resume. Incomplete submissions or those not stating a salary requirement may not be considered. Duplicate submissions are not necessary. Materials may be submitted by email to jobs [at] gaycenter.org. For mail or fax, send to: Center Human Resources, 208 West 13th Street, New York, NY 10011, Fax 212-924-2657. The Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.