The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking to fill the Digital Campaign Services Director position within the Political Department for the 2021-2022 election cycle. This position will report jointly to the Political Director and the Digital Director and will work collaboratively with the Senior Campaign Advisors and Candidate Services Desks to help gubernatorial campaigns improve their own digital programs comprehensively – including but not limited to advising on email fundraising, email acquisition, SMS, social media and other content creation, digital persuasion, and digital staffing. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities are encouraged to apply.Diversity PracticesThe DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant. ClosingThe DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC but we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.
- Work with Campaign Managers and teams surrounding campaigns launches to have complete digital infrastructure in place; help with initial digital planning, hiring of digital campaign leadership, and evaluating agency partners;
- Work with campaign teams to identify digital staffing needs and evaluate unique variables in each race to determine the best digital staffing structure, and source strong resumes to help campaigns hire the most talented digital staffers;
- Serve as a resource for campaigns using digital expertise and knowledge of best practices to maximize their digital goals, analyze strengths vs. opportunities, and refine their decision making;
- Help Digital Directors structure their programs — hiring staff and building capacity, identifying appropriate tools, diagnosing problems, helping solve operational and personnel issues;
- Work with Digital Directors to create, implement, and refine overall digital plans — including online fundraising, content, digital advertising, and organizing;
- Identify and share best practices and common pitfalls across different campaigns;
- Work with the DGA’s communications, research, and content teams to evaluate when digital assets and tools are best used to deliver messaging; help project manage content for campaigns from ideation to execution;
- Interface with Campaign Managers as they manage their Digital Directors and work to raise as much money online as possible, helping managers ask the right questions, and ensuring Digital Directors and agency partners are sharing the right information, challenges, and opportunities with their managers;
- Collaborate with Digital Directors and/or agency partners on appropriate goals and projections, making sure digital cashflow projections are accurate; ensure Campaign Managers and Senior Campaign Advisors are up to date, aware of any issues, and are briefed on potential solutions;
- Create high-quality work product for campaigns including content and email as those needs arise;
- Assist the DGA’s internal digital team with campaign-focused and overall fundraising projects as needed.
- Experience as a Digital Director on statewide campaign;
- Experience working with candidates and elected officials at a high level;
- Understanding of how gubernatorial races differ from federal races, and the challenges and opportunities this presents;
- Expertise creating, developing, and reviewing digital fundraising plans and projections;
- History of running large-scale, successful campaign digital programs with a focus on online fundraising and including experience with digital organizing, content management, and digital advertising for both acquisition and persuasion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with campaign managers and candidates on digital needs, advocate effectively for the importance of digital priorities, and illustrate the benefits of digital requests for campaigns’ success;
- Confidence to think creatively about complex campaign problems and willingness to find unique solutions that fit each campaign's specific needs;
- Willingness to travel to fulfill primary responsibilities when normal business travel resumes;
- Ability to work well with a diverse staff with unique areas of expertise who are a part of other departments;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to learn quickly and apply lessons to work product in real time;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons, including evenings and weekends;
- Interest in mentoring campaign digital staff and helping grow their professional development;
- Passion and commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic Governors.
Please apply via the following link.