TheBody.com and TheBodyPRO.com, part of Remedy Health Media, are the world's leading online sources of HIV/AIDS information and support. We produce influential, top-quality content that improves the lives of people with HIV; helps to end HIV stigma, ignorance and discrimination; facilitates more effective HIV-related policies; and cultivates a sense of community among people living with, affected by and engaged in the fight against HIV in the U.S. and beyond.
TheBody.com is seeking a Digital Editor to work in a fun, fast-paced, supportive new media and health communications environment. This highly detail- and process-oriented position will be located in our New York City office.As a Digital Editor, you will be responsible for the production of influential, top-quality content on TheBody.com that improves the lives of people with HIV; helps to end HIV stigma, ignorance and discrimination; facilitates more effective HIV-related policies; and cultivates a sense of community among people living with, affected by and engaged in the fight against HIV in the U.S. and beyond. Responsibilities Include:
- Assign, compose, edit and manage copy flow for a wide range of content, including news articles, op-eds, features, blogs, slideshows, interviews, informational resources and multimedia.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with contributors, including freelance writers, professional experts and bloggers.
- Monitor and assess the ongoing efforts of our content partners, and curate selected materials for cross-posting.
- Manage the creation and upkeep of new editorial projects exploring specific topics in, and related to, HIV/AIDS.
- Support, monitor and implement editorial strategy, with an eye to editorial integrity, traffic, service, reach, brand, “shareability” and engagement.
- Work across teams and tools to ensure successful promotion of, and reader engagement in, site content.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Three to five years of professional experience as a journalist in HIV, healthcare, LGBT or related areas, including professional experience as an editor in a digital environment.
- Outstanding writing and editing ability, including intimate familiarity with style rules and spotless attention to grammatical detail.
- A desire to collaborate closely and communicate openly with a team of colleagues passionately dedicated to the HIV community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Appreciation of SEO, social media strategies and current trends in digital publishing.
- Experience with multimedia content production (video, infographics, image editing) is helpful, but not required.
To apply for one of our open positions, please submit your resume and cover letter directly to jobs [at] remedyhealthmedia.com and jdavids [at] thebody.com