Every Voice is a nimble, campaign-oriented organization dedicated to improving America's election laws by passing policies that empower small donors and give everyday people a bigger voice in the political process. Using complementary strategies of campaigning for policy victories, engaging in election-related accountability, establishing coalitional relationships, and using all the modern tools of communications, Every Voice works to build and execute political power to win real, achievable change in the way our elections are financed.
Under the direction of the digital director, the digital manager will support the organization in developing email and social media campaigns and communications.Responsibilities
- Conceives of and implements advocacy, corporate, and fundraising campaigns using email and social media.
- Writes, designs, and sends advocacy and fundraising emails.
- Builds our list of online advocates, small dollar donors, and social media followers.
- Implements testing protocols, tracks data and analytics for past and current email campaigns, and makes future recommendations based on data.
- Blogs about money-in-politics issues regularly.
- Supports social media presence by creating content for social channels.
- Develops and fosters relationships with counterparts at allied organizations to ensure that we are all working together for maximum impact.
- One to five years of experience in email marketing or digital campaigns.
- Knowledge of best practices for digital campaigning and fundraising.
- Proven results for email fundraising and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Excellent persuasive and explanatory writing skills.
- Creative thinking and ability to react quickly to news events.
- Interest in politics and a drive to build the movement to reduce the influence of money in politics.
- Willingness to help the team with duties not specifically part of digital manager’s portfolio.
- Basic knowledge of HTML, Adobe design suite, graphic design concepts, and video production.
- Basic knowledge of Salsa and NGP database systems.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, including content requirements, analytics, and advertising.
- Familiarity with paid supporter acquisition techniques, including ActionSprout, Care2, and others.
Job DetailsSalary is commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is offered. Position is full-time and based in the organization's Washington, D.C. office.To Apply Applications will be reviewed as they are received, through August 15, 2015. Please submit a resume, a cover letter, and salary requirements to jobs [at] everyvoice.org.Please make sure to note where you saw this listing in your cover letter.Every Voice is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBT community to apply.