We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary: The Digital Organizer reports directly to the Associate Director of Digital Media and Marketing and helps create content and manage campaigns and assets for the Human Rights Campaign’s online properties, primarily focusing on HRC’s website and social media properties. Position Responsibilities:
- Participate in the daily maintenance of HRC’s online properties including content updates, internal requests and microsites
- Coordinate campaign projects from conception to implementation including online presence, social outreach, videos and marketing
- Work with programs to help maximize their online presence through campaign and content development, specifically on www.hrc.org
- Play an integral role in the upcoming redesign of www.hrc.org, including liaising with outside vendors and internal stakeholders, overseeing project timelines and deliverables, and managing website content.
- Amplify the electoral work of our field organizers, volunteers, communications team, stakeholders, and principals via online and offline engagement strategies.
- Review support requests and respond to tickets
- Maintain the integrity and quality of HRC’s online properties through ongoing review and maintenance, quality assurance testing, updating out-of-date content and purging/archiving expired content
- Help maintain and enforce editorial style guidelines
- Produce creative content for HRC’s social networking sites
- Assist in the execution of rapid response social media
- Recommend and initiate the use of new technologies and improvements to our work
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in work experience) is required with at least two to four years’ work experience in digital organizing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing online and offline
- Strong skills with social media, Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps (Gmail,Google Docs and Drive)
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once, to keep pace with the 24-hour news cycle and work quickly and accurately
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position requires evening and weekend work.
- Experience with web content management systems, preferably Expression Engine, support ticketing systems, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media and social media analytics tools, such as Simply Measured.
- Must be a proactive self-starter
- Flexibility and willingness to take on routine tasks as needed.
- Team player and a positive attitude are necessary, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines and focus on details and follow-up
- Well-rounded, creative type with a talent for communicating online
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop or other graphic editing applications
- Personal interest in and commitment to LGBTQ equality
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
Please apply via the website with your resume and cover letter.