As the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans, the Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide — all committed to making HRC's vision a reality.
Membership is the lifeblood of the Human Rights Campaign – quite simply members are the reason why, and the reason how, we do our life-changing work. The Direct Response Coordinator serves behind-the-scenes to ensure that the foundation and inner workings of this program are running smoothly and efficiently. The Direct Response Coordinator plays a vital role in many of the operational aspects of this large and sophisticated Direct Response fundraising and Online Strategy program in an effort to cultivate and increase membership as well as membership revenue – at the lowest possible investment. Position Responsibilities:
- Coordinate many of the operational and financial aspects of HRC’s highest revenue and largest expense program including but not limited to ongoing budget tracking, weekly revenue reporting by campaign, liaising with Finance regarding monthly cost center reconciliation, expense tracking, and vendor payment.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of online and offline HRC premiums– including bidding and purchasing, inventory management, and weekly fulfillment processing. Serve as the liaison with the Consumer Marketing team.
- Organize all aspects of HRC quarterly vendor meetings including agenda development, speaker facilitation, and invitation list.
- Facilitate most operational components of all direct mail campaigns, including proof and set-up approvals, and maintaining a sample library. Assist with copyediting as needed.
- Work with agency partner on the day-to-day logistics of telemarketing campaigns including script editing, reviewing daily results, periodic monitoring, and sending motivational materials.
- Provide regular organizational reports including program revenue and membership number updates.
- Maintain a robust knowledge of the data processes related to the Membership Department. Create fundraising campaign source codes as required.
- Administer most contractual vendor-partner and consultant relationships for the program, including processing payment, getting internal approvals, and keeping a record of executed contracts.
- Ensure HRC is always up-to-date with compliance. Work with internal staff to ensure that state fundraising registrations are up-to-date.
- Special projects as assigned, such as preparing Finance Committee and Board presentations, and handling the logistics of membership research.
- Serve as backup to the rest of the Direct Response team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of work experience required; experience in member relations and/or customer service a plus. Background in financial accountability and vendor relationships preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, editing ability, and being a self-starter are essential to this position.
- Proven computer skills are required, including MS Word and Excel, and preferred experience in PowerPoint and Google Apps. Experience with membership database programs (ROI Solutions’ Revolution Online or similar platform) a plus.
- A demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines.
- Able to exercise good judgment; discretion is a must.
- Strong willingness to be a team player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the rapidly changing LGBT equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
To apply pleaes visit https://hrc.silkroad.com/No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.