Immigrant Justice Corps (IJC) is the country’s first and only fellowship program dedicated to meeting the unprecedented need for high-quality legal assistance for immigrants seeking citizenship, other lawful status, and fighting deportation. IJC brings together the country's most talented law school and college graduates to provide high quality representation to low income immigrants. IJC’s two-year Fellowship program connects Fellows to the best legal services providers and community- based institutions nationwide. The program fosters a culture of creative thinking that engenders new strategies to reduce the justice gap for immigrant families, ensuring that immigration status is no longer a barrier to social and economic opportunity. Since its founding in 2014, IJC has effectively assisted more than 60,000 immigrants and family members with a 93% success rate on completed cases.
IJC seeks a mission-driven Director of Development to lead our development efforts at a critical juncture and an exciting moment for the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director and serving on the senior management team, this hire will build upon IJC’s successful fundraising efforts and leverage a strong donor base, engaged Board of Directors, and high media profile. This is an exciting opportunity to take ownership of a growing development function, as well as make a significant impact on the immigration field. Specifically, the Director of Development will: Design, implement, and lead fundraising activities to increase annual revenue from $8 million to $12 million
- Work closely as a thought partner to the Executive Director to develop a long-term fundraising strategy, with clearly defined outcomes, activities and responsibilities, designed to meet annual and multi-year revenue targets.
- Work closely with the Development Committee, the Nominating Committee and the overall Board of Directors to ensure Board efforts remain aligned with IJC’s fundraising and growth goals.
- Create a vision and plan for individual giving, including creating engaging cultivation and stewardship plans for donors. Research and identify new prospects to grow the pipeline.
- Manage a portfolio of existing major foundation and individual funders, leveraging the Executive Director and board in donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Work collaboratively with Communications Manager on special fundraising initiatives and campaigns related to special celebrations or programmatic needs and to ensure effective and timely communication to institutional funders, individuals and IJC stakeholders.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising events including cultivation events.
- Oversee and optimize development systems with the support of an Administrative Assistant, inclusive of data entry and management, gift processing and acknowledgement, and overall usage of the Salesforce database.
Serve as a senior leader, collaborative team member, and champion for IJC’s mission
- As a member of the senior management team, contributes to development of IJC’s yearly goals and annual operating budget.
- As philanthropic resources grow, build out a development team and ensure that staff work as a collaborative and supportive team in partnership with the rest of the organization.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of immigration-related issues by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
The Director of Development calls for a creative and collaborative leader who is excited about growing a successful organization. Strong candidates will bring:
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum five years of development experience in the nonprofit sector, inclusive of donor portfolio management. Experience in grant writing and grant management, event planning and execution, and marketing and public relations is desired.
- PASSION FOR MISSION: Strong commitment to social justice and the rights of immigrants.
- STRATEGIC THINKING AND IMPLEMENTATION: Applies analytical and critical thinking in developing and executing plans. Integrates fundraising best practices with new thinking and approaches.
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: Authenticity and sincerity in engaging with others and fostering lasting relationships, conveying warmth, respect, and empathy in all interactions. A deep and attentive listener who seeks understanding and connections with others.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL MINDSET: Resourcefulness and a “get it done” attitude, with the ability to drive innovation and maintain a high degree of flexibility and creativity in a dynamic environment.
- COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS: Exceptional writing and presentation skills, with the ability to engage a variety of audiences and craft stories about an organization’s work in a concise and compelling manner.
- RESULTS-ORIENTATION: Proven success in growing a fundraising budget by creating and executing clear metrics and driving results according to plan. Experience leveraging senior staff and board members in executing donor strategies.
- COLLABORATIVE SPIRIT: Demonstrated ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment. Enthusiasm to be a thought partner with program staff to develop fundraising strategies tied to IJC’s work.
- VALUES-ALIGNMENT: The ability to thrive in a work environment that values clarity of expectations, trust, open communications, kindness, accountability, and a commitment to learning and growth.
Apply here: https://tinyurl.com/y4m6au8l