Cause Effective transforms nonprofits by partnering with mission-driven leaders to achieve social change. We work with leadership to develop, employ, and expand effective fundraising, governance and organizational strategies to advance equity and justice.
In 2020, Cause Effective helped over 1,500 nonprofits of all missions, types and sizes across the New York metropolitan area to raise more money, deepen their relationships with donors, create compelling communications, and build stronger boards of directors. Since 2017, Cause Effective’s Preparing the Next Generation initiative has focused on influencing the sector to confront the biases that are interwoven with issues of race, class, money, and power, and to eradicate the conditions that thwart the ability of professionals of color to thrive in fundraising. Cause Effective’s first Director of Resource Development will join our 8-person team to lead our fundraising and business development strategies in raising and growing our $1.1 million annual budget. This is an exciting opportunity for a self-directed and well-rounded professional to engage foundations, individuals and companies in supporting cutting edge programming that furthers racial equity and supports an array of vital causes. This position is also responsible for generating strategies to expand the prospective and new client pipeline while also building Cause Effective’s visibility and brand across the sector, resulting in additional earned income from consulting assignments. Cause Effective is a 100% virtual organization. The Director of Resource Development position offers the opportunity to:
- Be a change agent as you drive Cause Effective’s financial and reputational advancement at an exciting moment of inflection
- Scale the growth of Cause Effective through innovative resource generation streams
- Be part of a ground-breaking, committed organization doing the work to address issues of fundraising and equity
For full job description, please click on the posting link above.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of successful resource development experience through multiple revenue streams
- Broad experience leading fundraising programs in the areas of foundation and corporate relations, annual giving and major gifts
- Experienced in relationship management with knowledge of donor cultivation and stewardship
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining partnerships with board members and donors
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, collaborate, and develop staff
- Familiarity with the New York philanthropic and business communities preferred
- Adept at Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce, and other technical systems
- Deep history and commitment to fundraising focused on issues of equity
- Understanding of, resonance with, and ability to articulate Cause Effective’s mission, vision and values
Personal Characteristics:The successful candidate should be:
- Energetic, focused, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent and persuasive; a problem solver who can conceptualize, implement, and initiate ideas and projects
- A self-starter, motivated by goals and eager to leverage organizational assets
- Values-driven, strategic, passionate, and innovative
- A collaborator with a sense of humor who readily shares information and ideas with colleagues
Cause Effective strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Cause Effective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a resume, writing sample and cover letter to Cause Effective at jobs [at] causeeffective.org () with the title of the position in the subject line. No phone calls.All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.