OFC advances equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer LGBTQ families with children through support, education, and advocacy.
Organizational Overview Our Family Coalition (OFC) is the premier lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) family organization in California, bringing visibility and voice to the broader LGBTQ movement and the general public. OFC offers more than 150 individual programs every year. OFC has a membership of more than 750 families, directly serves approximately 3,000 people each year and reaches thousands more, including straight allies such as parents, service providers, and educators. OFC has a staff of twelve and an anticipated budget of $1.1 Million for fiscal year 2013-14. OFC has been increasingly active in statewide efforts addressing marriage equality and LGBTQ family issues. Mission and Vision OFC advances equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer LGBTQ families with children through support, education, and advocacy. We seek to create an inclusive and just world where all LGBTQ families with children have visibility and opportunities to thrive as valued participants in our schools, institutions, and communities. For more information about Our Family Coalition, please visit www.ourfamily.org. Position OFC is seeking a creative and energetic Donor Engagement Associate who will focus on cultivating and growing our individual and corporate donor programs. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to o Advance donor relations and corporate partnerships programs including retention, upgrading, prospecting, identifying, cultivating and stewarding in order to maximize support for OFCo Manage and monitor communications and relationships with existing and prospective donors to ensure positive and purposeful donor relationso Implement comprehensive fundraising strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit potential leadership and major gifts, make solicitations when appropriate, maintain stewardship contacts while reflecting optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to donor needso Oversee agency wide development activity calendaro Work closely with Board of Directors, Executive Director and leadership team on development strategies and fundraising goalso Serve as the point person on all development activities, provide support to various development committees, assist event consultant, event committee and board of directors in all aspects of event fundraising, including sponsorship recruitment and executiono Plan and coordinate online and direct mail fundraising campaignso Participate with a team of writers to complete various aspects of direct appeals and other promotional materialso Work closely with communications team on agency wide collateral and website content
Required Skills and Experience
- B.A. with minimum of 2-3 years of practical front-line development experience
- Highly energetic professional with exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated level of professional demeanor, judgment and decisiveness to inspire confidence among prospects and donors at all times
- Proven experience building donor relationships
- Experienced public speaker
- Creative strategic thinker with a good sense of humor
- Exhibits fairness, honesty, integrity and openness in all dealings with donors, corporate partners and other professionals
- Effective organizational and time management skills, demonstrated leadership, demonstrated record of completing assignments and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Excellent computer skills and highly proficient with donor management databases
- Ability to use social media and various forms of digital communication as development tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, gender, and generational backgrounds
- Passionate about fulfilling Our Family Coalition’s mission and familiarity with LGBTQ issues and the Bay Area community
This position reports to the Executive Director. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary range and excellent opportunity for growth. This position includes full benefits (medical and dental).
To ApplySend a Cover Letter (describing why you are interested in applying for this position) and a resume in a single PDF as well as a separate salary history to apply [at] ourfamily.org. Please indicate your last name and the position title in the subject line of your e-mail. This position is open until filled. Equal Opportunity EmployerOur Family Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, or other underrepresented groups. OFC does not discriminate in its employment practices or policies on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.