Our Family Coalition promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. OFC offers family support programs serving LGBTQ parents/caregivers and their children, by providing educational workshops, parent peer support groups, and community-building events and activities; helps foster institutional change focused on building cultural competency for working with LGBTQ families in elementary schools, early childhood settings, and health & social service providers; and engages in policy & advocacy work to advance the equality of LGBTQ families. These three areas of work inform and build on one another. Throughout our programs, we have focused resources on deepening our work with families and the communities in which they live.
OFC is seeking an Education Intern to support our Welcoming & Inclusive Schools Program (find out more about this program at www.ourfamily.org/programs/schools). OFC is looking for a creative individual who is committed to our mission. The Education Intern tasks may include:
- Assist with outreach efforts through media, events, and coalitions;
- Help coordinate, prepare and implement trainings;
- Prepare logistics and provide general support for Family Advocacy events;
- Provide general administrative support, including data entry and managing social networks;
- Provide general support to the Education Director and Education Coordinator.
- Research and explore growing trends and stats in LGBTQ issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good organization and time-management skills;
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite;
- Comfortable and excited about working with diverse community groups;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to LGBT equality and social justice;
- Available to work some weekends and/or evenings.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Education Intern position, along with a resume to tarah [at] ourfamily.org or fax to 415-981-1962.