The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. By inspiring and engaging all Americans, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT citizens and realize a nation that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
- The Email Campaign Manager is a member of the Online Strategy Team, playing a role in the overall strategy, development, and implementation of a large and complex online communications program. The Email Campaign Manager will work closely with the direct marketing team and the membership director to ensure the integration of personalized and targeted messaging based on member/supporter demographics and attributes, along with smooth execution of fundraising and advocacy goals. This position will also have a strong focus on the technology side of the program. Position Responsibilities: The Email Campaign Manager will coordinate with the Online Strategy team for the day-to-day online fundraising and advocacy operation. Key responsibilities of this position include day-to-day management of HRC’s eCRM system and online data. The Manager will also serve as the resident technological expert for the eCRM system for the organization and monitor the integration of the eCRM system with the membership database. This staff member will execute targeted language for national fundraising and advocacy campaigns, manage audience selection and segmentation process, and analyze and report back on targeting results. Specific Duties Include:
- Facilitate the implementation of HRC’s targeted messaging for online fundraising and advocacy program through HTML coding, and provide analysis and reporting on campaign results.
- Research, develop, and execute testing strategies, such as A/B testing, throughout campaigns to improve response rates and better develop constituent relationships.
- Serve as resident eCRM (Convio) specialist and point of contact for the organization including trouble shooting member records, group creation, audience selection, email and landing pages, data integration with membership database, etc.
- Work the database & analytics team to utilize member/supporter demographics and attributes to help execute targeted language for national emails.
- Oversee HRC’s email list management strategy, update and maintain targeting groups, and approve all audience selection, as well as manage email list growth initiatives, such as paid ads and sponsored petitions.
- Take initiative to propose and explore new segmentation strategies and opportunities to ensure the program remains one of the most admired in the industry.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of both HRC’s program work and development operations—actively participating in all relevant meetings.
- New opportunities and responsibilities as they arise not necessarily listed.
- Solve problems creatively and thoughtfully.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 2-4 years of online direct marketing or online communication experience including campaign development and implementation. HTML coding knowledge a must.
- Technical and analytical experience associated with a membership database and/or eCRM a must. Familiarity with Convio Luminate or ROI Solutions a plus.
- Hands-on experience managing a non-profit or equivalent corporate program.
- Experience with data management and analysis.
- Familiarity with financial or accounting related tasks a plus. Solid writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- A strong desire to achieve program and professional growth.
- Strong interpersonal relationship and communications skills a must.
- Must be proficient Microsoft Word, Excel and Access. Experience with Microsoft Access and PowerPoint preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply to the following position: https://hrc-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=19&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992275&company_id=16928&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=NULL&bylocation=NULL&keywords=&byCat=&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes