Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on Fri, 05/22/2015 - 1:34pm
Human Rights Campaign
- The Events Manager is an integral part of a highly functioning and fast-paced team at a cutting edge organization. The Events Manager is a regular, full-time position who reports directly to the Director of Events and is responsible for coordinating more than 25 black-tie "primary," and approximately ten smaller national fund raising events annually. Position Responsibilities:
- Work with Dinner Co-Chairs and members of the local HRC Steering Committees (Board members, event and major donor Co-Chairs, field associates) in planning, budgeting, and overall management of fund raising events;
- Serve as the primary HRC contact for fundraising volunteers;
- Cultivate HRC loyalty among volunteers, as well as educate and update volunteers on HRC's program goals and activities;
- Maintain strict budget controls for all events;
- Manage all income/expense reporting for each event and prepare appropriate reports;
- Manage all event data to ensure names of attendees, volunteers, etc. become part of the HRC database; and insure that volunteers and contributors to events are acknowledged in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Insure that the tone and focus of events are in keeping with HRC's mission;
- Assist in the planning of the annual HRC Event Co-Chair Conference; provide event management training for the Co-Chairs;
- Work with other development, field, and program staff to implement plans to create a presence for HRC in new cities and regions;
- Serve, when necessary, in the capacity of public speaker for HRC;
- Travel to various fundraising events around the country as necessary. Travel during HRC’s busy events months of February, March, September October and November is estimated at 50%, travel throughout the rest of the year is 20%. Travel during the first year is higher for training purposes
- Work on additional fundraising activities as assigned including the HRC National Dinner and related activities, community events and special events.
- Assist with the planning and execution of HRC’s National Dinner, working closely with the volunteer dinner committee. Responsibilities include managing the solicitation and execution of HRC’s largest Silent Auction, Raffle and Program Book.
- Develop strong event committees in each assigned HRC city/region;
- Act as an event and fundraising consultant for each of HRC’s 30 gala dinners, including advising HRC volunteer leaders on fundraising methods, especially Silent Auction, Corporate Sponsorships, Ticket sales and Program Book advertisement solicitations;
- Provide weekly updates on fundraising progress to the Director of Events, as well as other key updates on other event details, like speaker and performer asks, catering and A/V logistics.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) with 3-5 years of related experience is required.
- Candidates for the events manager position must have proven volunteer management experience.
- A strong background in event management including high-profile, large scale fundraising dinners.
- Demonstrated experience working with caterers, production and a/v vendors, as well as event budget management.
- Candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented, willing to travel, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced team environment.
- Candidates must also have excellent writing skills, computer proficiency, and strong verbal communication skills.
Friday, June 12, 2015
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.