Family Equality Council is committed to a future in which families with parents who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer are legally recognized, valued by society, and afforded equal opportunity to thrive.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director of Family Equality Council will assume responsibility for day-to-day leadership and operation of the organization. She/He/They will oversee the organization's programs and services, help expand fundraising efforts, and lead a staff of 16 in New York, Washington, D.C., Boston, Wisconsin, and Florida. In addition she/he/they should bring exceptional communications skills and media savvy; the ability to make impactful connections with a wide range of constituencies; a leadership style which provides strategic direction and encourages collaboration and creativity; the openness to learn and grow from content experts and long-term supporters in and around the organization.
The ideal candidate will be a proven and successful organizational leader and have:
- Minimum of 5-10 years' management experience; preferably including nonprofit organization leadership, as an executive or Board member;
- Proven track record of success in fundraising as demonstrated by growing an organization's philanthropic income and base of support;
- Experience working effectively and collaboratively with a volunteer Board of Directors or similar governing body;
- Budget management experience in a program or organization of at least $2.5 million;
- Staff management experience of at least 10-15 professionals; preference for someone who has successfully managed a remote team or employees.
Nominations, inquiries, or applications (including a cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae) should be directed electronically and in confidence, to: kevin [at] kevinchasesearch.com
- Kevin Chase, Managing Partner, 323.930.8948 l kevin [at] kevinchasesearch.com
- Catie DiFelice, Senior Associate, 626.375.2066 l catie [at] kevinchasesearch.com