Our Promise, Vision and Mission:DVLF is the leading funder of emerging needs in the LGBTQ community of the greater Philadelphia area. We strive to meet all of the needs of the LGBTQ community, invest in its future by allowing the community to define its own needs through our grant-making process. We believe in equitable funding for the LGBTQ community, and that everyone can make a difference in helping us achieve this goal. Our mission in the greater Philadelphia area is:
- Grow our endowment
- Continue to be recognized as the convener of LGBTQ philanthropy
- Educate about the value of philanthropy and our role in the LGBTQ community
- Expand and diversify our short-term funding streams.
Our vision is that, by our 30th anniversary in 2023, we will fully fund every qualified proposal received from the greater Philadelphia LGBTQ-serving organizations during our grants cycle.
The Executive Director of the Delaware Valley Legacy Fund (DVLF) is a strategic thought leader and champion for our region’s LGBTQ community. The Executive Director takes a lead role in building relationships with existing and potential donors at all levels – from first-time donors at the Our Night Out events, to those considering bequests and planned gifts. The Executive Director will constantly seek to identify and highlight the emerging and ongoing needs of the region’s LGBTQ community, including those supported by DVLF through annual grantmaking and various events. The Executive Director will provide high-quality service to current and prospective donors (and their advisors) with the goal of growing the Fund’s endowed assets and its operational funds through both current and deferred giving. Reporting to the President of the Board, the Executive Director should expect to be measured on fundraising performance, including donor cultivation activities, direct and indirect donor engagement, and donor-focused events. The Executive Director will exhibit high levels of professionalism and sensitivity in all DVLF-related activities, including donor outreach, Board meetings, community events, etc. The Executive Director will be familiar with, stay up-to-date on, and express empathy for emerging issues in the LGBTQ community. This is a full-time position with benefits including a health care allowance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Superior verbal and written communications skills; excellent interpersonal skills; and a natural ability to develop and nurture strong, long-term relationships.
- 1-3 years of experience in fundraising and donor cultivation for a mission-focused organization (nonprofits, higher education, healthcare, etc.).
- Ability to raise funds from diverse sources, including recurring small donations, major gifts from individuals ($1,000 +), and deferred giving. Additional experience with fundraising from foundations, corporations, and government agencies is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree desired.
- Experience with marketing, public relations, and event management.
- Intermediate design and branding skills. Advanced skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Donor management systems (e.g., Donor Perfect).
- The ability to multi-task effectively and maintain organization in a fast-paced setting.
Additional experience in the following areas in desired:
- Experience with planned giving.
- Contract development/management experience (highly desired).
- Financial management experience including budget development and oversight as well as financial reporting.
- Grant writing experience.
Please submit cover letter and resume to president [at] dvlf.org