Our Family Coalition promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. OFC offers family support programs serving LGBTQ parents/caregivers and their children, by providing educational workshops, parent peer support groups, and community-building events and activities; helps foster institutional change focused on building cultural competency for working with LGBTQ families in elementary schools, early childhood settings, and health & social service providers; and engages in policy & advocacy work to advance the equality of LGBTQ families. These three areas of work inform and build on one another. Throughout our programs, we have focused resources on deepening our work with families and the communities in which they live. For more information about Our Family Coalition, please visit www.ourfamily.org.
OFC is seeking a Family Programs Intern to assist with our family support programs. OFC is looking for a creative individual who is committed to our mission. The Program Intern will:
- Assist with organizing & outreach efforts to recruit/retain OFC Bay Area participants;
- Target outreach to communities of color, transgender parents and LGBTQ families of varying socioeconomic status;
- Help design & coordinate production of e-newsletters and outreach materials;
- Develop, coordinate and attend family events, parent groups, educational workshops and outreach events;
- Collect, organize and enter participant data into database;
- Assist with Family Support Program staff with other special projects as needed.
- Basic computer literacy and internet savvy;
- Quick learner with initiative;
- Comfortable and excited about working with diverse community groups;
- Good organization and time-management skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to LGBT equality and social justice;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Available for occasional evening and weekend special event activities a plus;
- Written and spoken fluency in a second language desired but not necessary.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Family Programs Intern position, along with a resume to polly [at] ourfamily.org or fax to 415-981-1962.