GSA Network is guided by our vision of full equality and social justice for all LGBTQ people. We have developed a model of grassroots organizing that trains youth activists to understand and challenge multiple systems of oppressions, in order to develop LGBTQ and allied leaders with a vision for broad social justice. Grounded in this model, GSA Network is building the GSA movement by providing resources, training, and grassroots organizing support to GSA clubs working to educate schools about LGBT issues and change public policy as well as to emerging GSA Networks in states around the U.S. As leader of the National Association of GSA Networks we bring together youth and adult leaders from state and regional GSA Networks to share best practices for GSA organizing. As a national leader in the LGBT, safe schools, and education justice movements, this is an exciting time for GSA Network as we expand our impact in California and nationally and grow our team.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for coordinating the finance and operations functions at GSA Network as well as supporting or delegating support for program and fund development activities. The Finance Manager will work very closely with the Co-Executive Directors to ensure fiduciary and operational efficiency and excellence. A demonstrated passion for LGBTQ youth leadership and empowerment, an understanding of youth culture, and commitment to social change is required for all positions at GSA Network. Essential Duties and Tasks Financial Administration (60%)
- Monitor organizational compliance with GSA Network’s Financial Policies
- Maintain and organize financial records (electronic and paper)
- Review checks, deposits, bills, cash receipts, employee credit cards, invoices, and employee expense reports
- Coordinate with accountant to close books on monthly basis in a timely manner
- Provide monthly financial reports to department leads
- Provide quarterly financial statements to Board Treasurer
- Manage GSA Network’s vendor and consultant contract agreements (in coordination with Sr. Manager, Systems & Database for IT contracts)
- Generate and track invoices
- Help build and maintain GSA Network’s general operating budget
- Manage GSA Network’s fiscally sponsored projects, when applicable
- Manage state registrations and annual reporting, as needed
- Coordinate GSA Network’s participation in an annual audit
- Provide ongoing financial policy training as needed
HR Coordination (25%)
- Process semi-monthly payroll and work as liaison with payroll company
- Coordinate employee benefit programs (including annual open enrollment) and communicate with insurance brokers
- Administer GSA Network’s 403b Retirement plan
- Coordinate new staff onboarding
- Manage functional timesheet, hourly timesheet, and PTO processes
- Maintain compliance with state and local labor laws, ordinances and GSA Network’s own employee handbook policies
- Maintain personnel records for GSA Network staff and interns
- Serve on the Leadership Team 1-2 times per calendar year
- Supervise Operations Coordinator
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Initiate office lease negotiations for all GSA Network offices & administer sub-lease (when in effect)
- Other duties as assigned
Organizational Leadership (if being considered for Associate Director)
- Serve on Directors Team
- Lead collaborative budget process
- Lead annual financial audit process
- Liaise with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Minimum 5 years experience in administrative, office, operations, and/or fiscal management in non-profit setting
- Hands-on financial experience including A/R and A/P
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer/technology skills; strong skills with Microsoft Office programs; ability to troubleshoot computer problems, and ability to manage computer networks in a Mac environment desired
- Experience with BambooHR, Bill.com, Expensify and Quickbooks Online preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues, stakeholders, and vendors
- Willingness and ability to learn and adopt organizational communications tools
- Strong ability to plan and execute work plans
- Able to work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure that organizational goals are met
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
Values and Characteristics
- High degree of emotional and social intelligence.
- Be a self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative and seeks guidance to follow through on projects and tasks.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality without exception
- Flexibility to pivot for unanticipated needs, adapt in new situations and environments and remain calm and graceful under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of different racial, ethnic, socio-economic, educational, religious, sexual, gender, and generational backgrounds.
- Demonstrated passion for trans and queer youth leadership and empowerment, extensive knowledge or personal experience with the intersectional issues facing low-income trans and queer youth of color, and a commitment to social justice.
- Must be able to work remotely and/or in an office environment.
- Must be able to manually operate and use a computer and phone.
- Must be able to work at a computer for a prolonged period of time.
- May involve up to 10% travel depending on location.
Equal Opportunity EmployerGSA Network is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from youth, people of color, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and people with disabilities. To Apply:Send resume and cover letter via BambooHR portal. Applications will be accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal start date for this position is September 1, 2020.