Position Summary:The ACS General Manager of the Human Rights Campaign Store and Action Center is a full time position and reports directly to the Creative Director.Position Responsibilities:
- The ACS General Manager is responsible for the following duties:
- Establish political messaging and retail staff training to promote HRC’s political, membership and financial objectives;
- Manage HRC education and action programs and reporting results;
- Develop and execute a local advertising and promotional strategy;
- Develop community outreach projects which utilize staff input;
- Merchandise sales floor for maximum visual impact and financial return.
- Update Action Center with current Action Alerts, Press Releases, HRC Activities, all HRC Publications etc;
- Development and maintenance of the agreed upon store schedule;
- Balance objectives of meeting/exceeding budgeted revenue goals with HRC programs and membership activities;
- Updating and maintenance of action center components & development of weekly talking points on HRC activities and projects;
- Ongoing education of ACS staff about HRC’s membership, educational and political objectives;
- Merchandising (for clarity of presentation and profit) of display windows and sales floor.
- In-store marketing and cross-promotion of all local HRC sponsored events (in coordination with headquarters program staff);
- Identifying local promotional (person to person) and marketing opportunities to increase ACS visibility and traffic
- Reporting on membership and traffic count results, promotional activities, political and educational talking points --- including all local community initiates and results.
In addition to the above, responsibilities regarding administration and reporting will include:
- Together with the Deputy Director for Consumer Marketing develop, implement and track appropriate retail budgets. This includes ongoing monitoring and reporting of store expenses and revenues;
- Hiring and supervising a staff within budgeted payroll hours;
- Hiring and delegating management responsibilities along with Action Center Manger.
Together with the above, work with store staff to:
- Meeting budgeted revenue and performance goals;
- Meeting traffic count and membership recruitment targets;
- Opening and closing of the store between scheduled hours of operation;
- Insuring that at least 80% of all transactions include the customer’s name, address, phone number and gender;
- Maintain physical appearance, upkeep and cleaning of the store;
- Meeting traffic count targets & insuring that 15% of store revenue is made up of membership income;
- Promote an environment of political action and excellent customer care;
- Candidate must have a minimum of (3) year’s retail management experience, knowledge of product merchandising and vendor maintenance and be closely familiar with retail store operations.
- The ideal candidate is well organized, detail-oriented and simultaneously pro-active in their approach to multiple projects.
- Experience in retail point-of-sale systems is a must, especially in computer programs including Microsoft programs and spreadsheets.
- This position requires minimum travel and does maintain multiple project initiatives.
Please visit our website to apply: www.hrc.org/careers