The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where every member of the LGBTQ family has the freedom to live their truth without fear, and with equality under the law. We empower our 3 million members and supporters to mobilize against attacks on the most marginalized people in our community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position SummaryThe Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Human Resources department in all aspects of human resources management. We offer great benefits, an informal but fast-paced work environment, and the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of human resources areas. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources. Position Responsibilities
- Places job postings/advertisements for open positions. May attend recruitment fairs by themselves and/or with other employees.
- Assists and acts as backup to recruiters with using the HR applicant tracking system.
- Schedules candidates for interviews. Conducts reference checks and processes background checks.
- Creates onboarding checklists for new employees. May update checklists as needed.
- Prepares, sends and confirms accuracy of all new hire paperwork and onboarding checklists.
- Takes the lead with new employee onboarding. Works with hiring managers to create onboarding schedules.
- Assists with all employee first days. Serves as the backup for new hire orientation for new full-time staff.
- Provides administrative assistance and scheduling to senior department leaders.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all employee and proprietary company information.
- Handles data entry for HRIS, benefits, learning management system and other systems with accuracy. Runs reports from various systems as requested.
- Serves as the first point of contact for employee questions and requests. Develops an understanding of HRC’s benefits and policies in order to be able to answer most employee questions. Escalates issues as needed to other members of the HR team.
- Assists with aspects of HRC’s Benefits Administration.
- Assists with screening resumes and interviewing interns for the organization.
- May help coordinate and process new interns as well as serve as a backup for new intern orientations.
- Coordinates events such as training classes and employee awards presentations.
- Processes monthly credit card and expense reports.
- Provides administrative support for the HR, Internship and Leadership Development’s compliance with the department budget and goals.
- Updates organizational chart and updates HR sections of the HRC intranet.
- Fulfills requests for verifications of employment.
- Orders supplies and catering when necessary.
- Provides administrative support to organizational security planning efforts including coordinating security meetings and trainings and maintaining the emergency alert database.
- Maintains and files all HR-related records in compliance with employment law, keeping all department records (paper and electronic) well organized and up-to-date.
- Provides additional administrative support to the HR department.
- Performs various special projects for the HR department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) required. Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field preferred.
- Two to three years of experience in HR. One year administrative experience required.
- Demonstrated ability working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills, required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Experience with video conferencing software (especially Zoom) preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems, especially UKG (Kronos) preferred.
- Strong professional ethics and highest sensitivity in dealing with confidential information are required.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing important issues.
- Commitment to high quality and timely work product is a must.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and good judgment when dealing with deadlines, dissatisfied employees, or fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of or interest in LGBTQ issues is preferred. Sincere openness to learn about administering HR services to diverse groups of employees is required.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Please apply on our website!