The Human Rights Campaign is organized and will be operated for the promotion of the social welfare of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign Foundation is organized for the charitable and educational purposes of promoting public education and welfare for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. HRC Foundation envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
Human Resources Generalist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and non-LGBT persons to apply. Position Summary: The Human Rights Campaign is the nation’s largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for LGBT people. This position’s primary focus is in recruiting/staffing, but also works on benefits, compensation, employee relations, retention, policies/procedures, and special projects supporting the organization. Incumbent will facilitate the staffing process and will be integral in making decisions related to recruiting (e.g., recruitment strategy, sourcing, budget, job offers, etc.). Position Responsibilities:
- Sources and recruits for open positions. This includes providing guidance to managers through the internal posting process and/or external recruitment strategy development.
- Represents HRC at career fairs and campus recruiting events.
- Measures recruiting efforts to determine their effectiveness.
- Sources candidates and conducts a review of resumes, selects and interviews candidates, recommends finalists and negotiates and extends salary offers to candidates.
- Processes pay changes and internal promotions.
- Inputs employee data into HRIS and other systems.
- Works with HR Director to conduct exit interviews and monitor turnover. Works with department and division heads to recommend and implement retention programs.
- Executes various HR programs (training & professional development, performance management, EEO & diversity, awards & recognition, benefits open enrollment, and compensation administration) through training and implementation.
- Promotes company morale and management initiatives.
- Enforces company policies and works to reduce company threats and liabilities.
- Familiarizes employees with policies and procedures and collective bargaining agreement through orientation, email, discussions, etc.
- Conducts some new employee orientation.
- Processes new hire and benefits enrollment paperwork.
- May prepare and send offer letter packages to new employees.
- May administer leaves of absence (FMLA, parental, LTD/STD, workers comp, etc.)
- Assists in developing departmental goals, objectives and budget.
- Maintains recruitment files and job descriptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills Position Qualifications: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience and two to four years of progressive Human Resources experience.PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.Experience as an in-house recruiter preferred.A demonstrated understanding of federal and local employment laws.Strong professional ethics and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information.Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with sensitive issues.Exceptional oral, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills.Ability to analyze problems, gather pertinent data, and recommend solutions.Strong organizational skills are required to meet recurring deadlines and maintain tracking systems related to human resource and recruiting information.Strong attention to detail is required.Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organizationExperience working in a union environment is a plus but not required.Proficient with MS Office Suite.Experience with an HRIS and an applicant tracking system is required.Knowledge of LGBT issues is preferred. Sincere openness to learn about administering HR services to diverse groups of employees is required.Some travel may be required (typically less than 10% of the year). All positions at the Human Rights Campaign and/or the Human Rights Campaign Foundation may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
Please visist our site to apply at www.hrcorg/careers