Mission:Our Family Coalition advances equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) families with children through support, education, and advocacy.Vision:We seek to create an inclusive and just world where all LGBTQ families with children have visibility and opportunities to thrive as valued participants in our schools, institutions, and communities.Theory of change:Our Family Coalition brings a unique and progressive voice of families to the LGBTQ movement. We cultivate community-based leadership among LGBTQ families and strong partnerships with our allies in California, to advance social justice and make our nation a more respectful and inclusive place for all.
OFC is seeking a creative and energetic Individual Gifts and Donor Engagement Associate who will focus on cultivating and growing our individual and corporate donor programs. Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to o Advance donor relations and corporate partnerships programs including retention, upgrading, prospecting, identifying, cultivating and stewarding in order to maximize support for OFCo Manage and monitor communications and relationships with existing and prospective donors to ensure positive and purposeful donor relationso Implement comprehensive fundraising strategies to identify, cultivate and solicit potential leadership and major gifts, make solicitations when appropriate, maintain stewardship contacts while reflecting optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to donor needso Oversee agency wide development activity calendaro Work closely with Board of Directors, Executive Director and leadership team on development strategies and fundraising goalso Serve as the point person on all development activities, provide support to various development committees, assist event consultant, event committee and board of directors in all aspects of event fundraising, including sponsorship recruitment and executiono Plan and coordinate online and direct mail fundraising campaignso Participate with a team of writers to complete various aspects of direct appeals and other promotional materialso Work closely with communications team on agency wide collateral and website content
Required Skills and Experience
- B.A. with minimum of 2-3 years of practical front-line development experience
- Highly energetic professional with exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated level of professional demeanor, judgment and decisiveness to inspire confidence among prospects and donors at all times
- Proven experience building donor relationships
- Experienced public speaker
- Creative strategic thinker with a good sense of humor
- Exhibits fairness, honesty, integrity and openness in all dealings with donors, corporate partners and other professionals
- Effective organizational and time management skills, demonstrated leadership, demonstrated record of completing assignments and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional or diverse areas
- Excellent computer skills and highly proficient with donor management databases
- Ability to use social media and various forms of digital communication as development tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, educational, religious, sexual, gender, and generational backgrounds
- Passionate about fulfilling Our Family Coalition’s mission and familiarity with LGBTQ issues and the Bay Area community
To ApplySend a Cover Letter (describing why you are interested in applying for this position) and a resume in a single PDF as well as a separate salary history to apply [at] ourfamily.org. Please indicate your last name and the position title in the subject line of your e-mail. The application deadline is Friday, March 7th.