This full-time position will join the marketing team and will report to the content manager. Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through 2021 with a desire for the role to be permanently based in Chicago, IL (in-person when able). NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, traveling, and holding in-person meetings.NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Do you love telling an organization’s story through visual mediums? Are you able to create images that grab attention and speak directly to specific audiences? Do you get excited about using visual storytelling to drive an organization’s goals? Then this is your opportunity to use your graphic design skills to help connect with and support Democratic candidates, campaign staff, and local leaders across the country. Job DescriptionThe National Democratic Training Committee is looking for an experienced graphic designer to address our growing marketing needs. You’ll use your in-depth knowledge of design principles to create digital, print, and experiential designs. You have experience executing marketing projects from conception through production, including website graphics, online ad units, social media graphics and GIFs, presentations, and other collateral.This position is on the marketing team and reports to the content manager. Primary ResponsibilitiesIn this position you will:
- Be a key player in telling the NDTC story through visual mediums and promoting our brand through highly visible, quality pieces on tight deadlines.
- Be responsible for the development of website graphics, social media graphics (for organic and paid use), blog graphics, GIFs, presentations, and other collateral.
- Stay on top of visual marketing trends, strategies, and best practices.
- Understand your intended audiences and the best strategies for reaching each population.
- Work with the director of marketing and marketing team to create great images that align with our brand requirements and drive marketing objectives.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but who thrives in collaborative team environments.
- Ability to think creatively and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- Solid understanding of digital UX/UI design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign – and other design software
- Strong aesthetic skills with attention to detail
- A deep understanding of design principles. (typography, color, layout etc…)
- Ability to keep up with current trends in technology, design, and communication.
- Ability to collaborate with a team and juggle multiple projects
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly and on tight deadlines.
Nice-to-Haves, but Not Required Experiences and Skills:
- Political campaign experience as staff or volunteer
- Familiarity with virtual training environment tools (such as Zoom)
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $60k – $70k per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, a 2 week winter break, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays. To apply please email abrown [at] traindemocrats.org with:
- your resume
- cover letter that explains the role you feel graphic design plays in a successful marketing plan.
- a link to your online portfolio
- the date you are available to start.
Please list “marketing graphic designer” in the subject line. No calls, please.Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.