The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary Membership is the lifeblood of the Human Rights Campaign – quite simply members and donors are the reason why, and the reason how, we do our life-changing work. The Member Services Assistant serves directly on the frontline of HRC – reading the pulse of our members and acting to meet their needs and concerns. Exemplary customer service is the number one objective of this position. The Member Services Assistant plays a vital role in supporting all aspects of the member relations program – particularly as it relates to a large and sophisticated direct response fundraising program in an effort to maintain and increase membership. As a vital member of the member relations team, this person will regularly interact with members, donors, and the general public via mail, telephone and email correspondence with a critical eye towards problem solving and relationship building – and always with a smile. Position Responsibilities
- Respond to member and general public inquiries including, but not limited to, inquiries regarding general membership information, record, and demographic changes; specific HRC issues; payment updates; premium fulfillment; and general HRC information via phone, email, and mail.
- Respond to supporter/member/donor telephone correspondence in a timely manner with a concentrated effort to answer phone calls live. Lead daily logging of incoming voicemails and callbacks.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of general member/donor and supporter records in the customer relationship management database, as well as our digital engagement platforms.
- Monitor relevant current events that may assist with preparation of needed responses via live calls and email correspondence. Support the crafting of responses to public inquires on current events.
- Collaborate on the gift entry process of credit/cash/check donations, and acknowledgement mailings.
- Assist with tracking and analyzing membership communications and feedback for reports to multiple teams, including senior staff. Note any unusual trends or concerns.
- Provide general administrative and program support to team leadership as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One year of experience in member relations and/or customer service is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing ability, and creativity are essential, as well as a deep commitment to responsive and timely communication to our members.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when responding to individuals – and assessing the best way possible to maintain or improve that relationship.
- Strong willingness to be a team player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Discretion is a must.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Suite. Experience with PowerPoint and membership database programs (particularly ROI Solutions or similar database platform) preferred.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.