The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:Membership is the lifeblood of the Human Rights Campaign – our members are the reason we can accomplish so much in the fight for full LGBTQ equality. The Membership Outreach Coordinator will support the team in their administrative and programmatic work. This position plays a key role in the processes for a fast-paced team that expands and diversifies HRC’s membership and supporter base through several key programs: Pride, Community Events, Athletes for Equality, the Wedding Registry, as well as through gift and memorial giving. The position will report directly to the Deputy Director of Membership Outreach, but will support all members of the team on various projects. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC with regular travel. Position Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead on all revenue and membership systems and processes for the team, ensuring information received through any of the Membership Outreach programs is accurately reflected in organizational systems and databases.
- Provide year-round support for the Pride program, which may include: researching and completing pride festival applications, tracking progress and coordinating payments; ensuring the integrity of data in a comprehensive database; assisting in logistical on-the-ground preparedness for pride events; and working with in-house fulfillment team on shipping and delivery of materials.
- Provide support for the Community Events program, which may include liaising with the internal design and online strategy teams, ordering supplies, and coordinate shipping and delivery of materials.
- Support the Membership Outreach team with all other programs as needed, including gift memberships, memorial gifts, and the Wedding Registry. Process acknowledgements for all gifts from these programs.
- Play a key role in the logistics and planning of the annual HRC Membership Outreach training as part of HRC’s Equality Convention for volunteers and Board members.
- Serve as lead on all Membership Outreach administrative needs, including but not limited to preparing monthly credit card statements for the team and for senior people on the team, scheduling meetings and reserving conference rooms, setting up webinars for volunteer trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with one to two years of office experience required, preferably in a membership role.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail while working under pressure.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter with experience taking initiative, and proven ability to work in a team environment with multiple stakeholders, while maintaining a professional and responsible manner.
- Proficient to advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite (Calendar, Mail, Drive) and ability/willingness to learn new programs and software.
- Weekend travel to a number of events nationwide is required, up to 20%.
- Working knowledge of LGBTQ issues a plus.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers