The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. By inspiring and engaging all Americans, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT citizens and realize a nation that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
Position SummaryThe Multimedia Director reports to the Marketing Director and is responsible for the strategic direction of the Human Rights Campaign’s video center and associated products. This position will oversee the production of video assets and provide organizational support for all video projects. This position will manage the Media Center Manager.Position Responsibilities:
- Storyboard, script, edit and produce video projects in support of HRC’s mission;
- Oversee rapid video response with an eye toward online use;
- Manage video project requests and help establish project timelines, utilizing freelancers when necessary;
- Develop and oversee the addition of assets to library;
- Develop innovative and creative opportunities to distribute video assets;
- Manage HRC’s online video channels including YouTube and Vimeo;
- Direct and manage technical upgrades to media center and explore opportunities to expand the portfolio of usage;
- Mange the media center budget and associated costs;
- Manage freelancer editors and videographers and well as vendors;
- Manage media center manager.
- Bachelor's Degree required with at least seven years of in a video production position. Strong portfolio of video projects from concept to completion.
- Preferred experience working in an integrated studio environment.
- At least three years of three years of management experience.
- Strong portfolio of video projects from concept to completion.
- Knowledge and experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe PhotoShop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver and Flash.
- Knowledge and experience with PCs and Macs.
- Knowledge and experience with non-linear video editing systems.
- Creative problem solver with excellent visual design sense.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) will occasionally be necessary.
- Moderate travel, sometimes on short notice, should be expected.
Please apply to the following position by clicking on the link below:https://hrc-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=34&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992424&company_id=16928&version=1