Founded in 1973, Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization whose mission is to achieve full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, we do not charge our clients for legal representation or advocacy, and we receive no government funding. We depend on contributions from supporters around the country.
SummaryThe Office Administrator and Receptionist is the first point of contact for those in and outside the organization. This person is responsible for greeting and assisting guests and visitors – both virtually and in-person. In addition to general reception duties, this person is responsible for assisting the Administration team in the overall upkeep and management of the Headquarters facility.Who We AreLambda Legal is the nation’s oldest and largest legal organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV.Since 1973, Lambda Legal has used impact litigation and other advocacy tools to decriminalize same-sex relationships, challenge discrimination in the military, advance the rights of transgender Americans and win marriage equality. Supporters across the country contribute to a growing budget of approximately $27M. Clients are not charged for legal representation or advocacy and Lambda Legal receives no government funding. Headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington, DC.We believe that serving the full breadth of the LGBT and HIV communities requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. The intersectionality of discrimination doesn’t end with sexual orientation or gender identity – it reaches into the depths of race, religion, national origin, education, and class. Acknowledging that this reality exists in the world and in our organization, we prioritize awareness and proactive commitment to counteracting them.ResponsibilitiesReception Responsibilities:
- Greeting all visitors
- Maintaining security by verifying visitor passes
- Answering calls, transferring to Regional offices as necessary
- Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries
- Sorting the mail daily and distribute as necessary
- Separating out business reply mail envelopes and counting them
- Handling all outgoing packages and mail; FedEx account manager
- Arranging all messenger and/or courier services
- Printing copies, scanning documents, faxes and files as necessary
- Support for Development team as necessary
Administrative duties include:
- Coordinating and overseeing all vendor accounts and relationships with special focus on those that involve services across the office, including phone system, copier, postage, etc.
- Establishing new accounts as required and maintaining service and billing files for all HDQ vendors. Reviewing for accuracy and processing invoices and requests for payment; monitoring expenses against budget
- Kitchen and Meeting Room maintenance & restocking
- Event coordination support, both internally and externally
- Providing additional support to the Administration department, as needed
- Excellent Communication – verbal and written
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to change
- Previous clerical, administrative or receptionist experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
Working at Lambda Legal requires awareness of and commitment to the concerns of the breadth of the communities that Lambda Legal serves. Prior work on behalf of the LGBT community and/or people living with HIV is a plus, and some experience working with historically marginalized communities (in a professional or volunteer capacity) is strongly preferred. Any successful candidate will welcome the opportunity to work in a racially- and gender-diverse environment. Spanish language proficiency a plus.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please send a resume and a letter or email explaining your interest in the position and how you learned of the job opening to:Shaby RosalesHuman ResourcesLambda Legal120 Wall Street, 19th FloorNew York, NY 100005careers [at] lambdalegal.org (subject: Re%3A%20HDQ%20Office%20Administrator%20%26%20Receptionist) Please include “HDQ Office Administrator & Receptionist” in the subject line of your email.No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal will not accept phone calls about the position and does not notify applicants of status except when an interview is granted.Lambda Legal is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of LGBT, HIV-affected and allied communities, and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-diverse people, women, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, people living with disabilities, and individuals living with HIV are encouraged to apply.