The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary: The Outreach & Research Coordinator is primarily responsible for meeting the administrative needs and assigned programmatic duties for two foundation programs: Public Education & Research (PER), and Outreach & Engagement (OE). About the Programs: Public Education & ResearchThe HRC Foundation’s Public Education & Research Program spearheads a wide variety of LGBTQ advocacy and outreach campaigns, working to ensure that the HRC Foundation’s resources and programs are timely, impactful, and inclusive. In addition to publishing informational materials, the team conducts original quantitative and qualitative research exploring the lived experiences of LGBTQ people. Examples of our issue areas include trans justice, racial equity and inclusion, sports equality, HIV and AIDS, and Health Equity. Outreach & EngagementThe Outreach & Engagement program works with HRC's President, Senior Vice Presidents and Directors to develop and manage strategic and impactful collaboration with partner organizations to create a strategic plan for broader outreach and engagement with external stakeholders and ally organizations, and build on and strengthen HRC’s partnerships and coalition relationships with a broad range of allies (civil rights, women’s rights, immigrant rights, etc.). Position Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative, research, and logistics support (including accounting tasks) for program staff.
- Complete check requests, make travel arrangements and reconcile credit card reports for program staff.
- Assist with managing internal working groups and coordinating follow up assignments (e.g. on actions, sponsorships, invites, etc.) to maximize investments.
- Work with PER and OE staff to support the research, public education, and strategic partnership efforts with partner organizations.
- Assist in the development of research and public education projects, including surveys, polls, reports, vignettes, guides and other resources.
- Maintain contact database and ensure key current and prospective stakeholders are included in, and engaged with, HRC communications and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with one to three years relevant administrative work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, possess a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail is necessary.
- Outstanding organizational, task management and time management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office/Google Suite required; experience with statistical tools including SPSS, R, Qualtrics, and advanced Excel is a plus.
- Experience utilizing social media for advocacy and engagement a plus.
- Strong understanding of LGBTQ issues is expected. Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in LGBTQ issues around social justice, racial justice, sports inclusion, youth, HIV and AIDS, and/or trans justice is a plus.
**Please include a writing sample with your application; preferably a non-academic writing sample (e.g., op-ed, blog post, informative article, persuasive essay).** All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers.