As the largest civil rights organization working to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans, the Human Rights Campaign represents a force of more than 1.5 million members and supporters nationwide — all committed to making HRC's vision a reality.
Position Summary: Monthly giving is a proven and vital fundraising program. The benefits are huge for both the organization and the donor. HRC has made a significant long-term investment in growing our monthly giving program, Partners – and it now represents more than $10 million annually from 60,000 monthly donors – over 20% of our overall organizational budget. The Partners/Monthly Giving Assistant will play a vital role in maintaining the Partners program, as well as playing a key part in the broader Direct Response team. From helping to ensure the integrity of our monthly giving data, to implementing retention and upgrade efforts, to testing new and innovative conversion techniques – the Partners/Monthly Giving Assistant will serve as an important member of a team of experts who work day-in and day-out to ensure the Partners program remains a significant force in our work towards full equality and remains the envy of many non-profit organizations. Position Responsibilities: · Serve as primary Partners’ relations liaison including handling day-to-day phone, letter and email inquiries and the corresponding donor record maintenance;· Work with the entire Direct Response team to deliver an exceptional level of customer service that represents HRC’s brand and values;· Ensure all Partner pledges are entered into the donor database from telemarketing campaign files, web forms, mail campaigns and events; · Assist the Direct Response team in annual and ongoing recruitment campaigns for new monthly donors;· Maintain essential processes such as preparation for the run of monthly charges, pledge reminders, and decline letters and emails;· Provide regular reports to the team on new and reinstated Partners statistics;· Work monthly to collect updated payment information, and re-secure bad debt for Partners;· Draft postscript copy for the weekly email from the President;· Serve as backup to the rest of the Direct Response team as needed;· Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One year or greater of successful administrative, database or direct response experience with demonstrated ability in data tracking and reconciliation.
- Demonstrated customer service experience required.
- Monthly giving fundraising experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work independently.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail while working under pressure.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and preferred experience in PowerPoint and Google Apps.
- Database experience, particularly with ROI Solutions, and the ability to become adept at the use of these and other computer programs and databases is preferred.
- Should be able to exercise good judgment and discretion when responding to donors – and assessing the best way possible to maintain or improve that relationship.
- Strong willingness to be a team player – to roll up your sleeves and get the job done – but also work independently when called for.
- Strong interest and knowledge in the rapidly changing LGBT equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
To Apply please visit: https://hrc.silkroad.com/ No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.